Thursday

It's retail therapy day today! I have made a list of all the bits and bobs I'm running low on and a couple of new things I'd like to have so will drive over to Home Bargains or B&M to restock on things like screen wash, freezer bags, gel pens, a couple of spices, small storage boxes to help with organising the contents of the cupboards, and a glue stick to finish assembling the pattern. There's quite a bit more on the list but at the time of writing this I can't remember what the other items are!   

Then it's a drive back into town to visit the fabric shop and hopefully buy the fabric and thread I need for the skirt. I don't know whether I have enough pins for when I get round to cutting out the pattern and, as the fashion now seems to be to use pattern weights, I'll have a look at those as well to see which I prefer and will buy supplies of one or the other. 

Finally I need a few food items - eggs, salad bits, sweet potatoes, and shallots - so, if it's not too busy, I'll venture into one of the big supermarkets and have a look at the clothes while I'm there or, if it is busy, just call in at one of the express shops on the way home instead and leave the clothes shopping for another day. 

I've left it open to meet J for coffee if she has time so somewhere in all of this, there may be a break for coffee and cake. I'm still waiting on a response from her but am hoping that she will be able to make it.

I want to be back at home in time to be settled in front of the laptop at 1pm for the weekly Indian cookery class. It's Bengali Dal Pakoras today. It sounds like a useful store cupboard recipe and I have all the ingredients so may make some later on. 

I'm counting my shopping trip as my walk for the day but if I change my mind there's always the option to walk around the marina later on. It's forecast to be heavy rain while I'm out shopping but sunny later this afternoon, so I'll see how I feel.

As for the rest of the day ... I'll be following this advice

copied from Facebook

Comments

  1. That is quite a shopping list and I hope you manage to get everything you need, I noticed on the Sewing Bee they use pattern weights now, a much better idea than the pins i used to use. I hope you manage your coffee and cake with J too, it sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing without rather than go to the shops but it's getting me down a bit so time to restock. I like the idea of the pattern weights so hope they're not too expensive.

      It should be a good day. I'm still waiting to hear from J but will probably treat myself to a Danish pastry anyway!

      Delete
  2. I like reading wisdom & health advice. Sounds like a busy day, but the good kind of good. We have haircuts on the schedule (my first since November & first for Mr Man since February), then if there's a break in the torrential rains, I want to pop into the craft store. I've not heard of pattern weights, need to check that out. Coffee & cake with a friend, sounds a perfect way to ensure a break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good day. I didn't get everything done because I chatted with J for much longer than planned so some of the shopping will have to be fitted in next week.

      I will have a video on making pattern weights in tomorrow's post. I only found out about them on the Sewing Bee.

      I hope you enjoyed your first haircuts ... bet you feel much better now!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your day went well, even if you didn't get all your shopping done! So glad you were able to meet with J, after all. I had to look up what pattern weights are! I've always just used pins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to make my own pattern weights. That last time I did any dressmaking, years ago, I used pins but the pattern was very flimsy tissue paper. Now the pattern is printed on printer paper so won't be as easy to pin. I've found a video which shows how to make the weights and using scraps of material, it'll be cheap to do. I have a couple of remnants I'll never use for anything else so I'll use one of those.

      It was good to actually see J face to face ... we chatted for ages!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a busy shopping day. Hope you found everything you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get all the shopping done as I spent too long in the cafe with J!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts