Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • getting my oven cleaned
  • choosing the fabric to make a skirt
  • sourcing the hardy perennial nemesis plants I want for the centre bed, and
  • seeing the new plants in place after M's visit
  • discovering the first bud on my new pink rose 
  • meeting J for coffee
  • enjoying myself playing piano and flute
  • moving three loads of decluttering from the house - one box and a big pile of books to the charity shop, and a selection of tutor books to a young lad
  • adding more dates to my diary
  • trying out a couple of new recipes
  • reliving my youth watching 70s music videos on Freeview TV
  • making progress on the family tree 


I am grateful ...
  • for YouTube videos
  • for crazy friends who make me laugh 
  • that my garden provides a safe space to be outdoors on days when it feels impossible to brave the outside world 


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): achieved 
  • weight: no change


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: arrange to meet with friends for coffee, and take some 'many' photos for my monthly challenge.  Achieved 

  • In the next month (up to the end of July)complete at least two of the local guided walks/treasure trails - the guided walk I was interested in has been cancelled so I have ordered two Treasure Trail walks instead and will do one of them next week

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. In progress:
    • booked a ticket to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert at the Theatre Royal, Bath at the end of July 2021
    • booked a ticket to see Six at the Theatre Royal, Bath in December 2021
    • purchased some Treasure Trails and downloaded the Ordnance Survey's Secret Stories app, and have arranged to meet K to complete the first walk in two weeks time

Comments

  1. That all sounds rather wonderful with plans made and plenty of good things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going ahead and booking things with the mindset that it may or may happen depending on Covid arrangements and how I feel about those arrangements at any given time. Fingers are crossed that it all works out.

      Delete
  2. It's so inspiring to read your weekly reflections! There have also been some good reasons here to be cheerful this week despite the weather.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune, I've been lucky enough to have a good week in good spirits. I hope you have a lovely week too x

      Delete
  3. Another week of great reasons to be cheerful and grateful. I especially liked the "crazy friends" who make you laugh and the garden being a safe space to be outdoors. Our gardens have been a blessing during this pandemic, haven't they? I hope next week will bring you just as many reasons for being cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden has been a real blessing and time spent there have provided many highlights during these difficult times. Crazy friends, which includes the Zucchini Queens, are the best ... wouldn't be without them 😂

      Delete
    2. Ha, ha, glad to see that the Zucchini Queens are included among the crazy friends! Reminds me of something one of my cousins said - she had come for a visit from Sri Lanka a few years ago and I guess posted pictures of us at a get together to her son and he had told her that she has some crazy cousins! After that, for the rest of her stay, she had to send him daily updates about what she and her crazy cousins did that day! :D

      Delete
    3. See, I'm not the only one to call you crazy 😂😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts