Wednesday

 In the garden ...

The first two photos show some of the annuals - lobelia, bacopa, and nemesia - all of which will be repeated in the garden next year. The third photo shows the  changing colours displayed by the rambling rose - apricot and yellow as each new bud opens, changing to pink and white, and ending up as a pure white bloom.

Yesterday was spent at home, just a quiet day as all I really wanted to do was sleep for some reason. I didn't entirely waste my time as I printed out the .pdf patterns for the skirt and top I want to make and started assembling the pattern pieces. I did as much as I could before I ran out of glue so will need to go shopping before I can finish that task. I may have chosen the fabric for the skirt; I've just seen it online so far but it's from the fabric shop in town so I can make my final choice when I go shopping. I'm out of touch with all the different types of fabrics so the final choice is dependent on how well it drapes when I actually see it in the shop. 

Yesterday seemed to be phone a friend day - I chatted with J for ages and had no sooner put the phone down when L rang me. L can't meet this week as she is going camping, an announcement that generated much laughter - if you knew L, you'd understand why! She is regretting her decision but can't really get out of it so I will hear all about it when she gets home. J's free time doesn't match up with mine, so we won't be meeting this week and will try to arrange something for next week once J knows what she'll be doing. I will still get to meet up with Joy this week though so that's something to look forward to for Friday, and I will be seeing family later today and again tomorrow.

On to today and it's another 'at home' day. I'm waiting in this morning for a telephone consultation with the GP surgery and it's also the nutrition club ... there's a quiz today which should be fun. At some stage I'm expecting my sister to call round as well.

This afternoon I've splashed out and have paid for my oven to be cleaned. That's not quite as lazy as it sounds - I have no sense of smell so even in a well ventilated room I am unable to judge how the cleaning product is affecting me and the last time I attempted it I ended up in hospital. Luckily Ced was in the house on that occasion but it's not advisable now I live alone. I'm hoping to deal with the loose oven door handle while the door is removed for cleaning.

There's supposed to be some rain today but I'm hoping that the fates are on my side and there will be some dry spells that coincide with my free time so that I can go for a walk around the marina.

Comments

  1. Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Oh my goodness I don't blame you paying to have your oven cleaned. Those are powerful chemicals we use at home and I'm shocked you ended up in hospital. I'm intrigued about the camping trip, I know if I tried sleeping in a tent I'd never get up off the ground again :) I hope the weather stays fine for you today, we're having a light shower here just now when I let the pup out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven is all sparkly clean now ... well worth the money and it only took him 30 minutes.

      Your comment about sleeping in a tent is exactly the problem L will have which is why we were laughing 😂

      Sadly no, we have heavy rain at the moment and the promise of thunder later.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful flowers!

    It's a good idea to see the fabric before buying it, some online purchases can be disappointing. You think the fabric is suitable for the pattern you have in mind and when it arrives, it isn't and you have to change the pattern or use it for something else...

    The weather here is crazy. On Monday it was incredibly sunny and hot, 32°C,yesterday only 20°C and cloudy and today only 18°C and it's raining heavily. I'm hope you are lucky and can go for a walk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought quilting fabric online and was pleased with those purchases but I'm fussier about dressmaking fabrics so will buy locally.

      It's raining so have done my walking at home today.

      Delete
  3. Pretty flowers, lovely colours. Your rose could be called a chameleon rose (col). I am very sensitive to smells so I have to use a lot of low/no smell cleaners & on a oven that just means extra scrubbing. I line the bottom of my oven with aluminum foil so spills are easier to clean up. I like the idea of someone else cleaning my oven ... I wonder if this person coming in to do yours does other cleaning services?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the rose just has an identity crisis every time it flowers!

      This was definitely the way to get the oven cleaned. The only worry is that I now have the urge to clean the rest of the kitchen!

      The company clean every type of appliance you could find in a kitchen or utility room.

      Delete
  4. I just love your color changing rose! The other flowers are gorgeous, too! Such pretty colors!

    You have the best reason ever to have your oven cleaned professionally! Wonder if the cleaner will make house calls across the pond?! I know I need my oven cleaned and it sounds like Mary-Lou might like to have hers cleaned, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the colour changing rose when I first saw the flowers but it's grown on me and I love it now.

      If only you'd mentioned earlier I could have asked him if he'd do house calls in the USA and Canada but he's gone now so it's too late 🤭

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts