Thursday

SPSH No 6: something that makes you laugh or happy - live theatre

Well the Covid arrangements, despite good intentions, weren't quite as good or well enforced as promised but that was more to do with the behavior of individuals rather than the efforts of the theatre staff ... people ignoring instructions to stay in their seats at the end of the performance meant there was a free for all to reach the exits first, and also quite a few people who were refusing to wear masks. But forgetting all of that ... it was brilliant! After all that dithering I'm so glad I went and was able to enjoy a perfect afternoon losing myself in a live musical performance. There was plenty of clapping along to all the well known pop songs - why is there always someone who can't clap in time? - and it was very much a feel good time.

I plan to keep to myself for the next ten days as a precaution because, much as I enjoyed myself, going to the theatre was the riskiest thing I've done since the pandemic started and I don't want to pass that risk onto any of my family or friends. I'm half expecting to be pinged by the track and trace app as I'm sure the odds are that someone who attended the same performance will test positive in the next day or so.

Today I've come down to earth with a bang and will carry on with the decluttering. I haven't done much on that this week so I want to make a dent in it today as seeing some progress will encourage me to carry on with it, and it does have to be done. I think it's supposed to be a nice day so I will also need to tackle some of the garden chores and hopefully be able to eat my meals outside as well.

Comments

  1. Oh dear, it doesn't seem that people are taking "personal responsibility". I'm glad you enjoyed the performance but such a shame you feel you have to self-isolate now but I do understand. We had the promised rain yesterday and today the sun is shining so hopefully a nice day to sit out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sort of confirms a conversation I had with a friend - that good manners seem to be a thing of the past for some people following lockdown and too many people failing to show any signs of good social behaviour and respect for others.

      I'd decided to self isolate as a precaution even before I went because most of my social group and close family members fall into the vulnerable category and we all need to be extra careful.

      So glad you had some rain at long last. We have sunshine today but it looks like it may have rained during the night so I'm excused watering duties.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to go and enjoyed it so much. Shame about the selfish idiots who can't see beyond the 'personal' to the 'responsibility'.
    Hopefully, you won't be pinged. You have to be within a certain distance for a certain time, don't you. Fingers crossed, anyway. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt quite emotional at the end of the performance. Trips to the theatre is one of the things I've missed the most so this was highlight in the year so far.

      See above comment for my response about self isolating. It's a personal choice which I'm happy to do. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself at the theater and the whole experience of attending a live performance, even if people didn't observe all the rules. Too bad that you now have to isolate yourself as a consequence, but, you are doing the wise and correct thing. Hope you have a productive day at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't caught the virus but I'm choosing to self isolate just in case ... see my response to the first comment above. I loved it and am glad I made the decision to go.

      I've been very productive so far. It's only 9am and I have worked my way through my list of admin type tasks - booking appointments, requesting quotes, texting friends, and printing out recipes. Hopefully I'll be as efficient at sorting the stacking boxes ... once I summon up the energy!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful afternoon at the theatre despite some people's attitudes to the restrictions. How can they be so selfish?

    I'm sorry to tell you I would be the one who can't clap in time. My loved ones always have fun whenever I try to follow a song...

    I wish you a productive day and you can enjoy a meal in the garden to get extra energy. I've also started decluttering some drawers that always get full of things nobody knows where to keep. Let's see if I don't give up too early...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting some people to be difficult about wearing masks etc. but I there were a lot more than I thought there'd be. Mask wearing in the UK is now left to your own discretion and although the theatre has stated that masks must be worn it's difficult for them to enforce that. Some people kept their masks on until the house lights went down and then took them off to watch the show.

      Oh Irune! I'd still sit next to you though 😂 I watched the chap who couldn't keep in time and he had such a look of joy on his face ... he was very much 'in the moment' and enjoying himself and his family/friends were laughing and trying to make him clap on the beat!

      I'm not doing too well with the decluttering. I am doing it but seem to be on a 'go slow' so am not whizzing through it as fast as I'd hoped. I'll give up early if you do ...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts