Saturday

In the garden ...


The gaura and verbena, photos 1 and 2, are exactly what I was expecting in terms of form and colour. The poppy in photo 3 however, is not. It was labelled as having scarlet flowers but this one is definitely orange so I will need to see how it looks amongst all the pinks and purples once it's in full bloom. I won't get rid of it but may need to find another place on the patio for it ... it is a poppy after all so will be beautiful in its own way. 

I didn't get to see Joy after all yesterday so we will reschedule our coffee date which gives me another entry in the diary to look forward to. Instead I spent the first part of the morning out in the garden for my daily walk, and then back indoors for a pleasant hour playing the piano and the flute. 

Today the forecast is for showers this morning but it should be dry this afternoon so if that's the case I will drive over to Somerset Lavender to take some photographs. I also want to buy another lavender plant to replace the remaining one that was moved from the front garden and which is looking a bit tatty and woody. They serve the best cheese scones in their café but I don't think they are back to serving food yet which is a shame. Revisiting the lavender farm is on my 'End of Lockdown Adventures' list so that'll be the first one ticked off. On the way home I might be able to tick off a second one as I'll pass by Farleigh Castle which is also on the list, so if tickets are still available I will finish off the afternoon in one of my favourite places.

If it's raining then it'll be another 'at home' afternoon and as good a time as any to make a start on the skirt. I've received an email from the pattern company with a revision to the downloaded pattern I purchased so before I do anything I need to work out what the changes are and reprint the pattern, or parts of it, if necessary. 

Comments

  1. I hope it's fine for your afternoon out but making a start on your skirt will be good too. The poppy will be beautiful even if it's not the scarlet colour you were expecting but disappointing I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not looking too promising for an afternoon outing. Both places will mean walking on grass which will be wet through after the rain so it may be better to wait until next week when the better weather is supposed to be with us.

      The poppy is beautiful. I think it'll look better amongst the foliage plants, rather than the annual flowers. I think my nephew may get annoyed if he has to move the pots again 😂

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers and beautiful photography, too! I hope you are having a lovely day. Hope the changes to the skirt pattern will be easy to figure out. Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I can't figure the revision out at all so will phone them on Monday! I have been practicing with my sewing machine though, trying to work out the embroidery stitches which I've never used before. It's going okay but needs practice for the alphabet stitches!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a great day, whatever the weather. I love poppies and you can get so many different colours nowadays, can't you? They can be stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be a proper garden without some poppies. I think you can get some lovely pink ones but am not sure what variety they are.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Your flowers are looking beautiful!
    I love poppies and this one is wonderful, but you're sure to find the scarlet poppy!
    I wish you a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I will still keep this one and it's partner, but will look for a scarlet poppy as well.

      Hope you have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It looks a bit like a Pacman doesn't it? It's fully open now so will post another photo during the week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts