Tuesday

In the garden ...


... the crocosmia is flowering and the pomegranate bush is full of buds.

The external doors were adjusted yesterday and now close easily and properly without any struggle on my part so that's another thing ticked off the list of repairs/services outstanding from the lockdowns. There are only a couple of things left, neither are urgent which is why they have been left, so I will look into getting those done now. One is to sort out the water pressure to the new external tap I had fitted on the back wall of the house and that'll be the next thing to sort out as it will make watering the garden so much easier. The other is a bit of decorating in the hallway to make good where there was a small leak from the family bathroom at the start of the first lockdown. It'll be nice to get them done and out of the way.

I'm seeing Joy later this morning for coffee and chat in her garden which will be a lovely start to the day even though there isn't any cake - she broke that news to me yesterday! I'll drive into town afterwards to pick up the bits of food I need and then I can settle at home for a hopefully productive afternoon.

I'm carrying on with the decluttering/sorting and I have the choice of two fair size tasks to get on with but haven't decided yet which one to tackle first. One is to finish clearing the bottom half of the double cupboard in the music room and move some kitchen things in, and the other one is to sort through the stacking boxes that are taking up a corner in the music room. I'll make a start after lunch and tackle whichever task is the one I feel like avoiding at that time!

Comments

  1. Loving the strategy at the end. It made me laugh out loud.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strategy works though, otherwise I'd still have huge piles of all the things I don't want to tackle. I chose to make a start on the stacking boxes as that will take a lot of effort to deal with all the contents. 😂
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yay! Pomegranate flowers! I hope you get some pomegranates, too! Glad to read that your door was adjusted and I hope you have a lovely visit with your friend (even without cake! :D) Hope the decluttering goes well, which ever one you choose to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not expecting any fruit this year ... that's probably asking too much from such a small plant but it's exciting and, if the weather continues to be good, could happen.

      It's lovely to be able to close all the external doors again without struggling. The decluttering was started - the stacking boxes - but there is still a lot to do.

      It was great seeing Joy and we didn't even miss the cake!

      Delete
  3. It's a relief when those annoying things get done. Enjoy your coffee and chat, perhaps you could call at a shop and take a couple of cakes, ooh I am naughty to suggest that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read this until I got home so, great as your suggestion is, I didn't have any cake. And yes, you are naughty to suggest it especially when you know I am trying to lose weight 😂😂

      Delete
  4. What an odd, but beautiful, bud on the Pomegranate plant. Let's hope Joy is just teasing with you & there will be cake or maybe a biscuit ... hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unusual isn't it. Whether it produces any fruit still remains to be seen - I'm doubtful as the plant is still so small, but you never know.

      Biscuits were on offer but I was very good and didn't indulge, just enjoyed her company and caught up with all the news.

      Delete
    2. Those buds will open up to reveal some beautifully frilly petals. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh I hope so. 😀😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts