Tuesday

In the garden ...

osteospurmum
nasturtium (it looks orange in the photo but it is definitely red!)
mesembryanthemum


Yesterday I waited all day for a telephone call from my GP but it didn't happen so I will phone this morning when the surgery opens to find out what went wrong. The knock on effect of that was that I didn't get into town to do the shopping so I have ordered online and that will now be delivered on Wednesday evening. 

I did make a start on the housework while I was waiting in so that was a plus, as I hadn't really set aside time for getting that done. I also contacted the company that installed all the doors and was delighted to hear that the adjustments required are covered by guarantee so will be free of charge. I'd misread the guarantee and thought it didn't cover adjustments after one year but, thankfully, I was wrong and they will be sending someone over to sort it all out for me. They will phone today to let me know when they can do the work.

The highlight of today will be a long awaited return visit to Farleigh Castle this afternoon. You still have to book a time slot so I've chosen 3 pm as, at the time of booking, the website was showing "good availability" suggesting there should be relatively few other visitors ... which suits me. All being well, there will be photos tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Isn't that frustrating waiting for phone calls that don't happen. Good news that you'll get the doors fixed. Enjoy your visit to the castle today, I'll look forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what went wrong with the phone consultation. The surgery is usually so reliable but they 'have no record' of the appointment. I've sent a screenshot of the acknowledgement from them detailing time and date for them to puzzle out out what went wrong and also give me another appointment. There are no more slots this week.

      I'm really chuffed about the door adjustments being covered by the guarantee. It's saved me some money!

      Delete
  2. Such pretty flowers from your garden. I like the mesembryanthemum. Hopefully your GP can squeeze you in this week since their office squeezed you out. Oh I am looking forward to your walk at Farleigh Castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mesembryanthemum are M's suggestion to add a bit of colour for this year and to fill an empty spot. I've never seen them before but I do like them so have added them to the list for next year's annuals.

      No such luck with the GP! And the castle photos will be in tomorrow's post.😀

      Delete
  3. That's too bad the clinic messed up your appointment! I'm glad you had a screenshot of the appointment details to send them!

    Lovely flowers! My osteospermum are all but over for this year, but, that's OK; they'll be back next year!

    It sounds like you were able to visit the castle as planned, this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the photos in tomorrow's post! Enjoy the rest of your evening, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The surgery is usually excellent so this was a complete surprise. I'm still waiting to hear from them though.

      I treat the osteospurmum as annuals. I could only get the white ones this year but I prefer the pink ones so maybe I'll have more luck next year,

      The photos of my trip to the castle are in today's post (Wednesday) so I hope you enjoy them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts