Friday

In the garden ...

The plant in the first photo is a dwarf foxglove which has a prolonged flowering period compared to the standard foxgloves. It's name is Pink Panther! The second photo is the first bud on my newly planted red rose. 

M will be here this morning. There's plenty to do but I will leave it to her to decide the best thing to do with the new plants. I'm still waiting for some of the ones for the centre bed to arrive and as the new planting scheme requires some repositioning of existing plants she may prefer to wait and do it all in one go. All of the new plants to be grown in pots have arrived but there aren't enough empty pots until the annuals are finished for this year, so three of them may need to be potted on to slightly bigger pots for the time being. The two climbers are here so they can be planted and then it's weeding and general maintenance to do as necessary.

Also on the list for today is the nutrition focus where we are discussing dietary approaches for weight loss, so I'm hoping to pick up some tips to get past the plateau I'm currently stuck on. Then, it has to be more form filling and I have to finish this today without fail. If I'd buckled down to it I could have finished yesterday but it is what it is so there's no point being annoyed with myself (although I am!) and I just need to get on with it and keep going until it is done.

Around all of that I'll still fit in my daily Italian practice and piano practice, and will find time to relax with a new book. 

Comments

  1. Your Pink Panther is beautiful and your red rose looks the same shade as the climbing rose in my garden. Sounds like there is lots to keep M busy today. I can understand the form filling being difficult for you but as you have a deadline you will get it finished today, you will succeed. Enjoy your relaxation time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a busy day in the garden. I'm excited as about the changes even though I won't really be able to appreciate the results for some time. The red rose is beautiful and, now I have seen the first flower, am really pleased with my choice. The new pink one is starting to form its first bud so it won't be long before I see that one too

      I'll start on the form filling after the nutrition class and just work straight through until it's done. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  2. The foxgloves are very pretty and yay for the first red rose bud! It will be exciting to watch it unfurl! You and M will both have a busy day, today, she with the gardening and you with filling those forms! Good luck with getting them all done! I hope you have a relaxing evening with your new book. Have a lovely Friday, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be helping in the garden this morning. I think it may be a case of playing musical pots - if we can replant the patio trees into the big pots gifted by my sister and move some dormant bulbs into the new blue pots, it'll all work out and there will be enough pots of the correct size for all the new plants ... hopefully!

      I'm starting on the final form mid afternoon but it doesn't look as complicated as the one I did yesterday so should take too long. I'm determined to complete it today and, at the moment, feel much more motivated than I did yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Pink Panther could soon be the feature of the season - what a pretty flower (good photo) & oh that rose bud colouring (another good photo). Have fun in the garden with M & then on to those forms! Maybe a treat of a coffee & biscuit for every 5 pages that get completed, no wait, nutrition class for weight loss probably will think that a bad idea to reward with food ... Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink panther is pretty, isn't it. I have a lilac one coming as well. I've completed the form so now have to wait for the companies to respond but don't know how long that will take. At least it's done and I'm curled up on the sofa enjoying the tennis!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts