Weekly Reflections

  Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • M planting the last few new plants (for this year!)
  • gaining six additional plants free of charge
  • starting a list of ideas for filling the planting gaps for next year, and
  • starting the planning for the front garden
  • absolutely loving a week without TV, and
  • reading three books this week, realising that I haven't lost my reading mojo and I just need to retrain myself to focus on one thing at a time!
  • discovering that the Radio Times is available via the local library's online service so I have an easy and free way to be selective with TV viewing in the future
  • playing an online mystery game
  • getting my hair cut
  • enjoying time spent in the garden
  • having time for extra piano practice and Italian practice as a result of self isolating 


I am grateful ...
  • for the support of my family and friends following the instruction to self isolate ... I've been contacted every day to see if I needed anything and just to keep my spirits up, and also
  • that it was just a warning of the possible risk following contact with the Covid virus and I that I haven't developed any signs of the actual illness at all
  • for access to the local library's online facility which gives free access to eBooks and digital magazines
  • for sunny days


Lifestyle changes

I've decided that I will at the try the Slimming World plan to try to boost the weight loss. To start with I will go it alone but there is always the option to join a local group or to take up online membership if I feel I need additional support. I intend to start straight away though there will probably be a number of meal portions that don't fit the SW way and which have to be used up, so initially it'll be a bit of a hit and miss approach!
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): achieved 
  • weight: no change


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: catch up with my sister, and have a look at the local Art Trail  Achieved in part - I have spoken to my sister but was unable to meet in person due to the need to self isolate. For the same reason I couldn't follow the local Art Trail 

  • In the next month (up to the end of July)complete at least two of the local guided walks/treasure trails - No progress this week but, all being well, I will be able to do at least one of the trails next week

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. In progress for July:
    • booked a ticket to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert at the Theatre Royal, Bath at the end of July 2021

Comments

  1. Being asked to self-isolate has it's upside as you have found plenty to keep you occupied at home. Keeping the television switched off has been good and what a wonderful free online service from your local library. The weather is beautiful too and I find it easier to shed a few pounds when it's this hot as it's definitely salad weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a much more satisfying week without TV. I knew it would be because I rarely watched TV at one time but it served as a good reminder to be selective in my future viewing. I won't quite complete the entire week as there is a Harry Potter film on today and I will be watching that!

      Yes, it's definitely salad weather. I'm hoping that will help kick start the weight loss again.

      Delete
  2. Feel free to ask me about anything Slimming World related. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. You may live to regret that offer 😂😂

      I need to re-read the booklets again as it's not quite as I remembered, though that's down to me mixing SW with something else I think.

      Delete
  3. Lots of wonderful reasons to be cheerful and grateful, even with the need to self isolate, this week. Sounds like you turned the time you spent waiting into something positive. Wish you well with the new eating plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I did start to feel a bit stir crazy but this was mainly me being contrary because I knew I couldn't legally leave the house. I had plenty to keep me occupied so I can't complain ... although I am really looking forward to the freedom of this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts