Thursday

 In the garden ...


C came round last night and made short work of cataloguing the rest of the photography equipment for me. He's absolutely brilliant and has told me exactly how to describe each item including an assessment of its condition so all I have to do now is complete the online forms for each company. I collated the information in Word, hoping that I'd be able to cut and paste to populate the forms but frustratingly that doesn't work and I will need to type every item individually. There is no facility to attach a document and the FAQs state that a form must be completed to request a quotation so there isn't a short cut. Guess what I'll be doing today?     

I made some progress on sorting through the music books yesterday but I think that will take a back seat for a few days while I concentrate on the photography equipment and then, once that's done, start placing some of the larger items for sale on eBay or Gumtree. These larger items are mine and the majority of them are set aside for sale because I no longer use them and have drifted away from the hobbies they were originally bought for, so I am happy to let them go and will appreciate the extra space once they've gone. I am still emotionally attached to a couple of the larger items - the doll's house and the cornet I used for teaching - but it is time to let them go so I will be grown up about it and list them for sale! 

I doubt I'll get all of that done today but will chip away at it with the aim of completing all the listings by Sunday. I'll take a break from it today to join the Indian cookery class - I think it's a repeated recipe today but I'll still watch the class as she gives lots of useful tips. I'll put my walk off until the evening and will just walk around the marina. I want to wait until the street lights come on as I want to work out the best place to get some decent reflections of the lights in the water. 

Comments

  1. Once you get into the swing of completing the forms you should be OK, it's a shame there isn't a shortcut to do them. I've always wanted a doll's house but sadly have no room for one, I don't collect anything but I know I'd be collecting doll's house furniture if I had a doll's house. Your photographing reflections of lights in the water sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put off starting the forms so will probably only complete one today, but better than no progress at all! I now have a much smaller house so there is no room for the doll's house sadly.

      I love photographing reflections so am hoping there will be possibilities for some interesting images.

      Delete
  2. Oh, those flowers are gorgeous! I'm glad C was able to help you with the photography equipment cataloging, although filling out the forms sound a bit tedious! You will be busy today!

    "I no longer use them and have drifted away from the hobbies they were originally bought for,"
    Ah...this needs to be my mantra when it comes to decluttering!

    Hope you enjoy the cooking class and the evening walk. Today, I walked for 5 minutes up and down my drive way - for the first time in weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were supposed to be three photos but only two have published ... no idea why that has happened so I'll save the third one for another day.

      Unfortunately procrastination is my constant companion today so I'm not doing as much as I was hoping to do. I will complete one form though. I started on the worst one which involves lots of drop down menus so at least the remaining one should be easier and quicker to complete.

      The cooking class was a repeat of cumin potatoes but this time she tweaked the recipe to show how you can make changes.

      Well done on your walking - that's a brilliant achievement!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a very busy day.
    I would find it so hard to get rid of a doll's house - I've always wanted one. I was gutted when Beth got rid of hers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd still love to have a doll's house but there are too many memories tied up in the one I have and it's too big for my current home. Ced was going to make a lot of the items for each room and that is something that can't happen now so it is a constant reminder of that. It's best that it goes to give someone else the enjoyment, and should I choose to get a different doll's house in the future I still can.

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous. My grandma used to have lots of them in her garden. She called them "queen's earrings". Sweet memories!

    You had a lot of work ahead to complete all those forms but just think it's the last step to finish that task and that can give you some energy...

    Enjoy your walk this evening!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of the plants. I don't know the variety of the fuchsia as it was one of the plants included in a preplanted pot as a belated Christmas gift from friends. It's one of five different varieties so I'm sure there will be lots more photos to come. We always called them princess earrings. The second photo is a gaura lindheimeri rose, one of the smaller varieties in the gaura family and I've wanted one of these for ages.

      I'm not doing too well on the forms today - I just can't get myself started so I'm making hard work of a fairly straightforward job so it serves me right that I will still be working on the second form tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. Fab photos. Hopefully the form filling out will go quicker than you anticipate. When I read cornet, I immediately thought of a crown, which would be fun to own ... you can tell I'm not that thinking musical/musician (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. No, sadly the form filling is going really slowly but all due to me rather than anything to do with the actual form ... tomorrow will be a better day!

      Usually people think I'm talking about ice creams when I mention the cornet so your thought of a crown is a new one!

      Delete
  6. Lovely fuchsia. I lost two of mine this year, and the others are nowhere near budding up. Hope you eventually manage to sell the photographic equipment. I have two digital cameras I'd like to sell, even just for a few quid, but am finding it's not as straightforward as it might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm debating whether to get a climbing fuchsia as well. I'll wait to see how these settle in my garden before making my decision though. I not sure whether the purple variety and the other ones in that container are hardy or not - I hope so because they are all very pretty and a plant I associate with my childhood.

      I'm using a couple of online companies to sell mine, or try to sell them. I'll let you know how I get on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts