This Week ...

All of a sudden, life feels so much more normal. I think the change is in me rather than the Covid situation, as within a few weeks of tentatively setting foot out of the door I find myself planning a trip to the theatre and investigating the possibility of a short stay break in a hotel. Whether I actually do them is another matter, but I am definitely ready to start expanding my life again.

This week is nicely busy, plenty to do but a good balance with more than enough 'me' time to relax and enjoy life.

Social: It's the end of term online concert tonight and our last online session for a while and maybe forever. The plan is to resume in person practices from the end of August but that decision is dependent on Covid restrictions, and to a certain extent, how keen the choir members are to meet in person. The outdoor workshop was cancelled because of low attendance numbers but I don't know if that was due to people preferring to catch up with family and friends or because they were anxious about meeting in such a big group. 

I'm hoping to see Joy for coffee in her garden one day this week, carried over from last week as I ran out of time. I also have plans to meet up with J but that is dependent on her grandma duties, and hopefully will meet with L as well but I'm still waiting for her to get back to me.


Online Classes and Talks

Wednesday: Nutrition Club

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: Nutrition Focus  


Health and Fitness:

I'm aiming for at least a 30 minute walk every day. Also one of the 20 minute exercise videos.

I have to make an in person doctor's appointment this week and it's also time for some more blood test but I haven't heard anything about those yet.


Home and Garden

Home: I'm hoping to continue with the decluttering and this week the focus is on sorting out the things that can leave the house straight away. So, a box for charity shop donations, more books to the Oxfam collection point, and some music books to a boy who live at the other end of the Close and who is learning to play a brass instrument. 

I also want to have an admin session, and to spend a bit of time re-organising the cupboards in the playroom to make use of the recently emptied shelves.

Garden: M will be here today but the forecast can't seem to make up it's mind so I don't know how much will get done - it was promising a day of heavy rain but now says it will be overcast with some showers. The plants destined for pots can definitely be sorted but I'm not sure, assuming we do have the heavy rain, that it's the best time to start moving plants around between flower beds. I'll leave it to M to decide.

  

Food: Nothing special happening in the kitchen this week. I've planned the Indian week but don't intend to do that just yet  - I don't want to change the eating plan I've been following since January until after I've seen him, no other reason.


End of Lockdown Adventures

  • this week: arrange to meet with friends for coffee, and take some 'many' photos for my monthly challenge 
  • by the end of July: complete at least two of the local guided walks/treasure trails
  • within twelve months: complete a minimum of twelve items on my post lockdown wish list, aiming to complete at least one thing on the list in July. Possibilities for July include:
    • a trip to the theatre
    • a day trip to the coast
    • visit Bristol
    • visit the Hawk Conservancy Trust 
    • visit Bowood House


and finally, Hobbies:

Reading: No One Home, Tim Weaver

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice, making a start on the Open Learn course today as a change from the Duolingo app

Piano: 30 minutes daily practice

Sewing: choose fabric to make a top and a skirt

Comments

  1. It sounds like a great week with loads of lovely things.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everything goes according to plan, it should be a good week. xx

      Delete
  2. You're right life is beginning to feel more normal and I'll be quite happy to get rid of the mask wearing when we're allowed to. I hope the weather stays fine for you today so M can get on with the garden tasks. We had a real heavy downpour yesterday afternoon and I'm hoping it'll stay dry today. Have a good week it does sound nicely busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely and sunny for now with lightning promised for around 4pm. M is here and has started work so will be finished by then and everything will be planted today.

      I haven't made my mind up about mask wearing yet. I can see some situations where I will feel more comfortable wearing one so I will exercise my right to do that ... I'm thinking of the theatres once they stop the distanced seating arrangements.

      Delete
  3. Yesterday we listened to a talk from a local medical mental health worker who said she is seeing a rising number of people still too nervous to return to the familiar & many employers say they are worried about who will or who won't come back to working in the office environment. With COVID Delta outbreaks still happening, I think it will be a while before I'm ready to step fully back into the familiar. Yeah that M has arrived to do some work in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to the news this morning to hear that Boris is confident he can rely on people being sensible once all restrictions are removed. As all the evidence points to the fact that, without strict and clear rules, many people aren't sensible I don't know where he's got that confidence from! Despite the fact that the Delta variety is in the country and case numbers are growing daily, it seems that the restrictions will end in two weeks. It's a worry, even with the vaccination programme. I will still wear a mask if I don't feel comfortable with any arrangements when shopping, etc. but I do plan to attempt to live a more normal life.

      M's busy moving all the plants so that means that everything will be done today.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you, life seems more normal here too, you can be outdoors without the face mask if the physical distance is enough but a lot of people are still keeping them on because we don't feel safe yet. The virus is still here and there has been an important increase after ending the restrictions so I think it hasn't been a good idea...

    You have some very nice social plans this week. Meeting up with friends is always the best one!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really understand what our government is doing. Cases are rising while restrictions are still in place and they have already said that they expect an increase once restrictions are lifted, so it seems the decision is an economic one rather than a welfare one.

      I've missed seeing my friends so am taking the opportunity while I can as I'm not convinced that we've had the last of the lockdowns.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you've a very pleasant week ahead with plans for various activities, including meeting up with friends. Glad to hear that M has been busy in the garden, getting things planted up for you. Sounds like the weather held up, after all. Enjoy your end of term online concert and keeping my fingers crossed for future choir sessions. Hope you have a lovely rest of the day and a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain held off until long after M was finished in my garden so everything on my list was completed. It was a good day for progress in the garden.

      The choir concert was fun. It's always good to sing straight through all of the songs we've been learning and last night was no exception, despite a few issue with Zoom freezing. I'm going to miss the weekly sessions during our summer break and as for future sessions, I'll just have to wait and see.

      Thanks, and I hope you have a good week too, Bless.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a lovely list of things to do. Have a wonderful week, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It should be a good week and I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  7. haha, I thought you had forgotten me, I'll text you, as this week is quite (unusually) busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if I'd forget you 😂. All sorted now and you are in the diary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts