Saturday

Well yesterday turned out to be a frustrating day. On the plus side I completed and submitted the form to request a quote for the photography equipment, so I can sit back and wait for the companies to contact me. There is no indication of how long this will take but at least I have started the process. 

Now the not so good! I missed most of the nutrition class as I had to answer the doorbell twice to accept deliveries that were scheduled for tomorrow. Both packages were the plants I was waiting for so I should be pleased but one package was damaged and by the time I'd opened that and checked - the plant was fine - the class had moved on to the question and answer session so I missed the explanation of 4 of the 6 underlying causes for weight gain. The two I heard are inflammation and stress. 

The most worrying thing was that M didn't turn up. She's always been reliable so a no show without explanation was completely unexpected. She eventually responded to my text late last night and it sounds like she'd either double booked herself or there was some sort of confusion with her diary, but the good news is that she will be here on Monday instead. I'm just relieved that she is okay as I was imagining all sort of things!

Today I am expecting one more delivery between 10 am and 2 pm, so it's unlikely I'll go out. I want to at least take the photos of the doll's house and the musical instruments I want to sell ready to place the ads on eBay tomorrow. Apart from that it'll just be a quiet day just pottering about around home.

Comments

  1. However organised someone is, there's bound to be a slip up now and again. I'm glad she can come Monday instead.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I'm just glad that she's okay and it was a simple mix up. All the new plants will be fine for a while but I admit that I'm relieved that she can fit me in on Monday, so not long to wait. xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting the form completed and submitted for the quotes. As you said, you've started the process. Hope you don't have to wait long to hear back from them.

    I'm sorry the early deliveries interfered with your nutrition class! Might it be possible to repeat the class? Or, email them to ask what the other 4 conditions were?

    Glad M was a no show due to a scheduling mishap and nothing else! Glad she will make up for it by coming over on Monday - she'll be able to plant the newly delivered plants then!

    Hope your day turns out better, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This latest form turned out to be much easier to complete so didn't take long at all. The subject covered in the nutrition class will be covered again at some stage so I'll get the information eventually. I'll ask at one of the Wednesday sessions but not this coming week as we'll be having a quiz.

      I'm relieved that M is okay and that the absence wasn't as a result of anything serious. I'll hear all about it on Monday!

      Today is proving to be much better. It took me a while to lose the frustrated feeling leftover from yesterday but from mid morning I've been fine. I finally found a sewing pattern I like which is supplied as a download. I've never dealt with a downloaded pattern before or one where it is multiple sizes so I've been sorting that out, after the usual struggle to get the printer to work, and now will have to find some suitable fabric but that's a job for next week.

      Delete
  3. It is a worry when someone doesn't turn up as planned but at least you know she's okay and will come to you on Monday. Glad you got your form filled in and hope your wait for a response isn't too long.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so unlike her that I was convinced that something was wrong. I'm relieved that it was down to a mix up and I don't have too long to wait for the rescheduled visit. Applying for the quotes is another step forward with the decluttering so I'm happy it's done - I hope it's a quick response but it is a very long list so it may well take time for the companies to assess.

      Delete
  4. What a pity you missed most of your nutrition class because of the unexpected deliveries! Sometimes it can be pretty annoying, you make your plans and then they're earlier or later...

    I understand very well how you felt when M didn't turn up. Whenever someone (children, husband, friends...) is late I always think something bad has happened and it's a huge relief when I get the reason.

    I hope your today's delivery is on time and you can enjoy the rest of the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nutrition information will be repeated at some stage so it's not as disappointing as it otherwise would be. It's bad enough waiting for the times the couriers say they'll deliver, but this company send an email about half an hour before the parcel arrived to say that they were revising the time of delivery with no mention of a change of date ... just as well I was at home.

      We sound alike ... I was imagining all sort of things had happened to M so a diary mix up was definitely a relief!

      Today's delivery has arrived on time as promised and has already been collected by my friend (he works, so forwards his parcels to me if he is going to be out of his house).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts