Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • enjoying a long overdue return visit to Farleigh Castle, and
  • also a return trip to the lavender farm
  • still chuckling following a laughter filled afternoon with L
  • sharing memories of my late partner in an emotional text conversation with A, my nephew
  • celebrating that my niece has finally married at the third attempt, the previous two attempts were cancelled due to lockdowns
  • finding out that the adjustments to the double glazed doors are covered by guarantee, and
  • that the technician will be here on Monday to resolve the issues
  • celebrating birthdays with family and friends
  • taking part in a chat/exercise class led by Wayne Sleep 
  • managing to keep up with my daily walks despite the heat
  • feeling (mostly) positive about the changes that are happening following the ending of lockdown restrictions
  • receiving a negative Covid PCR test result 😀 
  • watching a video of (Baby) P's attempts at ballet; no longer a baby but very much an adorable little girl full of mischief and ready to laugh


I am grateful ...
  • for electric fans and cooling showers
  • for sunny days
  • for all the things that people share online that never fail to inspire me


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise (30 minutes minimum every day): Achieved. I've walked every day for at least 30 minutes each time. I've also completed a 30 minute workout class and an hour long ballet/exercise class, both online. 
  • weight: no change


End of Lockdown Adventures
  • In the next 7 days: meet with friends for coffee/meals, and catch up with my sister. Achieved 

  • In the next month (up to the end of July)complete at least two of the local treasure trails starting with Corsham and Bradford on Avon - No progress this week but, all being well, I will be able to do at least one of the trails next week

  • In the next 12 monthscomplete twelve items on my post lockdown list. Progress in July:
    • A trip to the theatre. In progress - booked a ticket to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert at the Theatre Royal, Bath next week
    • Visit Farleigh Castle. Achieved, see here
    • Visit the Lavender Farm. Achieved, see here.

Comments

  1. You've had a good week and I enjoyed seeing your photos of the castle and lavender farm. Congratulations to your niece on her wedding, it's been a tough time for couples planning weddings due to restrictions and lockdowns. It's been such a hot week and how would we manage without electric fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's been really hard on her with the two cancellations but she had a lovely day in the end and looked very happy. I'm guessing she may want to start a family very quickly so that will probably be her next announcement 😀

      Delete
  2. Another good week for you! I'm glad you could achieve your exercise plan and go on walking despite the heat. This week I've been very lazy and as my friend is on holidays I have only gone for a walk once.

    Congratulations to your niece! One of my cousins is getting married in August, last year they had to cancel due to the pandemic and I hope this time we will be able to gather and celebrate their love.

    Enjoy your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been another good week thanks. Some of the walking was done indoors where it was cooler! I'm getting better at being disciplined with the daily exercise and, for the most part, am enjoying it.

      It's a very hard time for all the people who are unable to celebrate life events in their chosen ways. I hope your cousin can have the wedding of her dreams in August.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting the photos of Farleigh Castle. Although my husband has been to Motocross many times just over the road, we had not visited the castle until today. Really interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The place fascinates me and I like to visit several times a year. Did you go to the big church over the other side of the main road in Farleigh village? That's worth a visit as well if you like old churches.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    I admire you a lot, because you manage to plan your tasks very well!
    I walk daily, but other tasks come naturally. Sometimes I get bored. Saturday I went to one of the beautiful gardens here and to the Basilica nearby. Then I'll show you on my Blog.
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Ailime. I find that planning motivates me - it's too easy to just let the days drift by without doing anything which is what would happen if I didn't plan things. I look forward to your next blog post - I hope you took lots of photos.

      Delete
  5. You've had a really good week with lots of things to be cheerful and grateful about. Well done with the daily walking. Congratulations to your niece! Third time lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I didn't go to the wedding but the feedback is that she was one very happy lady.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts