Friday 19th November

The Zoom session to review my author friend's writing and to trial his plans for a creative writing workshop was great fun. There were six of us taking part - the author (male) and five reviewers/guinea pigs (3 x male, 2 x female) and it was ... interesting. I have absolutely no idea why men always say that it's women who talk a lot and can't stick to the point, as the men completely dominated the conversation and for the first hour talked about anything and everything except the reason we were there which was to review the pieces of writing. In the end I may have resorted to my teacher voice and suggested how it could be organised so that everyone present had a chance to speak and present their views ... they  may have mumbled "Yes, Miss" and looked a bit sheepish, but they did behave after that! 😊 The reviews took much longer than expected but J was pleased with the feedback and we agreed to trial the workshop idea one day next week instead.

Today the only things in the diary are two nutrition classes; the regular one where I think the topic is inflammation, and after lunch it's the penultimate one for the 21 day programme. I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of the day. I'll go out for a walk this morning around the marina but once I get back from that I plan to stay indoors in the warm ... the days are definitely getting colder. It feels like a pottering sort of day will suit me best, so I'll finish off the admin and then whatever else I fancy doing ... I'd like at least the morning to be productive and then the weekend can start after 2pm when the second nutrition session finishes.

Comments

  1. Men, eh!!!! Well said, Eileen.
    Have a lovely pottering day - they are the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J messaged me after the Zoom meeting ended and thanked me for knocking them into shape!!

      Yes, I like pottering days ... herbs and spices are now organised (won't last long, but they are organised for now) and am just about to start the first nutrition session.

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the Zoom session. Too funny about you using your teacher voice and bringing the group back to focus on the task at hand! I like your plans to start the weekend at 2:00 p.m.! Hope you enjoy your walk around the marina and the two nutrition classes and whatever else you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the men were a nightmare ... much worse than a group of women together! Teacher voices are very useful things in certain situations 😂

      Once I get this last stage of decluttering finished and out of the way, it can be weekends every day!

      Delete
  3. A pottering day sounds good, gosh is it almost the weekend again...how did that happen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this week has gone so quickly.

      How are you feeling after your 3rd vaccine? Hope you're okay xx

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I awoke at 2.30 a.m. with a bad headache and chills. Spent most of Thursday on the sofa. Thankfully I feel much better today. The vaccinator told me this third dose was like a gin and tonic, maybe she was right 'cos I don't like gin either :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry to hear that you had a bad reaction and glad to hear that's you're feeling better today. Take care xx

      Delete
  4. I did chuckle out loud for several minutes over "yes Miss" Sounds like an interesting project to be part of. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fascinating project and I'm chuffed to be a part of of it. I laughed when they started calling me 'Miss', but they did focus on the reviews after that, so it was worth doing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts