Thursday 11th November

Yesterday ended up being a really satisfying day. The morning flowed nicely and my newish schedule seems to suit me. I started with a 30 minute walk around the house; this was before I was dressed and I'm doing it this way because it means I will definitely fit in a walk, no excuses, and on fine days I will try for an additional walk outdoors as well. I picked up some very useful suggestions relating to nutrition and migraines in the Nutrition class, some of which I've never considered before but I won't start investigating that aspect of life until I have completed the 30 day programme. 

The piano lesson was good fun. I played much better than I have done all week and after playing each piece even my inner critic (who can be very harsh!) thought it sounded good. C said she was quite happy for me to move on so I have two new pieces for this week with the option of doing a third one if I have time. These seem easier to play so I'm hopeful that I don't have a repeat of last week's frustration. I raised the subject of digital pianos and we spoke for a while about that. I had intended to replace mine in about a year's time but it looks like I may need to think about it sooner than that. One of the keys (the B next to middle C) has developed an intermittent fault and now sometimes doesn't sound when pressed so while it'll be okay for a while, it is time to start thinking about a replacement instrument. I'm not looking at the possibility of a repair because the current piano is about 20 years old and technology has advanced so much during that time. C suggested some makes and will help me make a choice, but for now I am looking online to see what's available in my price range. 

After lunch I went shopping but only bought enough to see me through the next few days. I have a delivery booked for Sunday so can add anything else I need to that. I changed my mind about buying everything yesterday because we start tolerance testing on Friday which may impact on what foods I can have during the next stage of the programme. It  did feel good to be out and about again and making my own selections cheered me up.

Today I don't have much planned. A walk around home first thing and then there is a programme related workout at 9am which I will do if I get home in time - I have a blood test first thing, thankfully not a fasting one so the exercise shouldn't be a problem as the class is only for 30 minutes. Then it's the Indian cookery at 1pm and today's recipe is Methi Murgh (Chicken Fenugreek Curry).  And I think that's it for planned activities for today. I'll fill the rest of my time with piano, Italian, reading and possibly some family tree research.

I've left the most important thing to the end of the post and, because it's the 11th day of November, it's time to wish Bless a very Happy Birthday. 

Comments

  1. I do enjoy reading your blogs every day. I am also a pianist and looking to buy a digital piano so was very interested to hear about your quest to find one. It would be so good to have a list of possible makes as the choice is bewildering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frinnie, lovely to hear from you. I agree, it's bewildering. I've been advised to look at Yamaha (in particular the Clavinovas), Kawai, and Roland. For me so far the Yamaha and Kawai are winning. There are lots of reviews and comparisons online. This site has quite a few video reviews which are really helpful: https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/pianos-c3/digital-pianos-inc-portable-pianos-c10

      Good luck in your search and I'd love to hear what you finally choose. So far this one is at the top of my list (but I have only just started looking so that may change): https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/kawai-ca99-digital-piano-premium-rosewood-package-p46446/s46925?utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=kawai-ca99-digital-piano-premium-rosewood-package-ca99pr-package&utm_campaign=froogle

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Bless, enjoy your day. I hope you see my birthday wishes to you here :)
    Have a nice relaxing day Eileen following your blood test and cookery class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It's been raining on and off all day so I've had a pleasant day indoors just pottering around.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Eileen, for the birthday wishes! Yes, I saw them. :)

      Delete
  3. Your walk about the house, does that include the garden? We have lots of stairs in our house (it's 4 levels) so on rainy days I include my stair stepping as exercise. With such a fine tuned ear as yours would a digital piano satisfy the sound you are use to or need? Now I am curious about digital pianos, not that I play ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually stay inside for the early morning walking as I do it before I get dressed. Time in the garden comes later in the day!

      A digital piano will provide much more than I need or will possibly use. Whichever one I end up buying will have the tone of a concert grand piano so, no matter what standard I eventually reach, I will be able to produce a good sound. For modern digital pianos think of it as being a piano/computer combo. The video review for this piano will explain it much better than I can! https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/kawai-ca99-digital-piano-premium-rosewood-package-p46446/s46925?utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=kawai-ca99-digital-piano-premium-rosewood-package-ca99pr-package&utm_campaign=froogle

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, Eileen, for the birthday wishes! So very kind of you to remember. :)

    I hope your blood tests went well and the results will all be good. Glad to see that the piano lessons went well; I spoke with S, yesterday, and it looks like resuming my lessons will be postponed till at least the end of the month as she's extending her break from teaching. I'm not complaining, as piano practicing has taken a back seat to taming fire breathing furnaces and so forth! :)

    Hope you are having a lovely day, today. It's sunny, here, almost 90F, the birds are singing really loudly outside my window, and I'm loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've had a lovely day celebrating with your daughter. You had good weather by the sounds of it, which I know you love.

      Are you the only person S teaches now or are there others? Do you think she will resume teaching at some point? I hope so for your sake.

      Delete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday, Bless. I hope you had a wonderful day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts