Thursday 4th November

It was a fairly easy going day yesterday. The nutrition class was all about the best types of containers for safe use in the microwave and this was followed by a short nutrition session for the 30 day programme. This was just an opportunity for the nutritionist to see how we were all getting on, clarify any confusion and generally motivate us. I didn't bother with the style class - I'm pleased with all that I've learnt so far but these last few session feel like padding to fill the 12 weeks.

Today it's another 30 minute workout session at 9 am and then nothing else until the Indian cookery at 1pm. In between those two things I want to tackle the kitchen. Something spilled in the fridge which I wiped it up yesterday but it needs to be done properly, and it's as good a time as any to wipe down all the tiles and cabinet doors. I won't bother to do the bits of shopping I need because I think I can wait until next week, so I won't be going out at all today.

As for the rest of the day it'll be more of the usual - piano, Italian, reading - plus a couple of phone calls with friends thrown in for good measure. 

Comments

  1. I rarely use our microwave oven and have never thought about containers. Best to give the fridge a thorough clean now and again as spillages can get into corners. Sounds like a fairly leisurely day after your exercise class, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was to do with the use of plastics in the microwave. I always use glass so won't need to make changes.

      The fridge is all sparkling again. I usually clean it out monthly to time with the food delivery so was late doing it this time. Yes, it's a quiet day today. I'm all exercised out now and will finish off the kitchen after I finish checking my blog. Hope you have a good day too.

      Delete
  2. The microwave has many benefits, although I don't use for cooking, just for reheating. If the plate isn't marked microwave safe, I do not use. Frig clean out sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use mine for reheating or occasionally defrosting, but that's all. I'm not sure whether I could or would want to manage without it though.

      Delete
  3. I use my microwave quite a lot for reheating coffee!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaargh ... that was mentioned in the session. Apparently heating drinks and fluids in the microwave features in the top ten list of microwave related injuries! xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Eileen,
    I wish your day to be as peaceful as possible!
    We have to orient ourselves so that we feel good.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime, I've had a lovely day ... busy in the morning and restful this afternoon and into the evening. Hope you've had a good day too.

      Delete
  5. How was today's workout session? Was it easier? Good job cleaning out the fridge! I cleaned the fridge shelves, this week, but, have to do the drawers, still. Hope your day is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the workout session. It was a different instructor and better suited to my needs so I will stick to his classes in the future. A couple of the other participants hurt themselves during the Tuesday session and are still suffering so at least I'm not the only one who found that one too hard for my current level of fitness.

      I had a lovely restful day yesterday thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts