Monday 29th November

... normal service is resumed! The Openreach engineer arrived at 8:30am and spent most of the morning investigating why there was no internet. He eventually tracked it down to water ingress in the external grey box where the phone line enter the house and then again at one of the inspection points near the junction/switch box. The wires had corroded so everything has now been replaced and there should be no more problems. 

I have definitely felt unwell since having the booster jab on Saturday. My arm is very painful and swollen by the injection site so it's difficult to get comfortable. I've also been shivery and unable to get warm since then but I think that's more to do with getting so chilled when waiting outside to have the injection rather than anything to do with the injection itself. Lack of sleep for the last two nights hasn't helped either.

It's the final online session with Barbara Dickson for an hour this afternoon but that's the only thing in the diary. I'll try to stay wake for that and then give in and enjoy some Zzzzzs! 

Comments

  1. Glad you got your internet sorted. I am sorry to hear that you feel unwell ... yes probably getting chilled did not help. A nap or two & an early night might just be what the blog doctors order (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have problem free internet access again. I think it's just a combination of everything and will probably feel much better if I can get a good night's sleep. Thank you, Doctor 😂

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to learn you are unwell following your booster jab, I hope you feel better soon. Glad your phone line has been fixed and all is well again with your internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. This is the worst reaction to the jab but I'm sure it'll pass soon and I'll be back to normal.

      I'm loving this new problem free internet access ... let's hope it stays like that!

      Delete
  3. Glad you have your internet back! It's hard to go without internet, these days, isn't it? I'm sorry you are feeling some painful side effects from the booster shot and from having had to stand outside in the cold while waiting for your booster. Hope you feel better, soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm totally reliant on the internet nowadays so am hoping that the work done today has completely resolved the problems. So far, so good.

      I'm wondering if the arm pain is more to do with how he did the injection rather than to do with the vaccine - injections themselves aren't painful but this one was agony. Maybe he caught a nerve or something. Hopefully it'll ease off soon and I'll be back to full health.

      Delete
  4. Everyone seems to find the booster worse than the first two. Hoping you feel better soon.
    Welcome back!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're probably right about how the booster is affecting people. Thankfully, I'm feeling better today and will soon be back to normal.

      Thanks for the welcome back 😊 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts