Monday 22nd November

It's the last couple of day of the healthy eating/weight loss programme. There's a goal setting session this morning (which is a bit annoying as I thought they'd finished!) and a nutrition session this evening, and then a round up/celebration session tomorrow. I'll be making a start on reintroducing the eliminated foods this week, starting with bread so am keeping everything crossed that it goes well. I was supposed to start today but realised too late that I don't actually have any bread in the house so will need to go shopping first!

I've had a couple of enquiries about items I've advertised. I think one is a definite sale and that should be sorted out this afternoon - she's coming to see the item after she's collected her son from school. I'm not sure about the other one; the person is coming to see the item today but has tried to negotiate on the price with a couple of ridiculously low offers so I'm not too hopeful for a sale. On the decluttering front, I've also made a start on sorting out clothes that I know I won't wear again and today, will start looking for ways to deal with the remainder of the sheet music. I've found a charity, Music for All, who help people of all ages and backgrounds get involved in music so want to contact them to see if they are interested in any of the remaining sheet music/tutor books, and I also have a couple of beginner's plastic clarinets that they can have.

I'll be out for a walk after the goal setting class. I'm undecided about where to walk today but whichever route I choose will have to pass close to a post box as I have three birthday cards to send on their way, all for friends, and while I'm out will pick up the bread and some mushrooms - mushroom stroganoff is on the menu for tonight's meal. I'd like to arrange something with J and with L for this week but that'll all depend on how busy they are with work, etc. 

Comments

  1. Good luck with reintroducing bread to your diet. I hope you don't experience any ill effects! Hope the sales on the advertised items go well and the charity you've found will be interested in having the music books and clarinets you want to give away. Enjoy your walk and the rest of your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm hoping that I won't have any problems reintroducing bread and if that's the case I can try pasta next.

      I've spoken to the charity and they are interested but are not accepting any donations for the foreseeable future (lack of storage space) so I'm no further forward. I don't want the items hanging about for months so will have to look for another option, which is a shame.

      Delete
  2. Has the programme helped, do you think. The recipes looked really rather nice.

    I've noted some of the Goldster sessions I want to try. Thank you so much for your help with that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely helped as I genuinely feel much better than I have done in years. The weight loss has been minimal but I've lost inches on measurements which is great. We were told to keep going as the weight loss will happen but I think I need to increase the exercising before I'll see any more changes.

      Hope you enjoy the Goldster sessions. Which ones have you chosen? xx

      Delete
  3. Mushroom stroganoff sounds lovely, I love mushrooms but husband hates them so I rarely buy them something I should put right. I hope reintroducing bread in your diet works well for you. I always keep a couple of loaves in the freezer as mid-day is usually a sandwich for us although yesterday we had soup with a round of bread. I hope you manage to sell your items and have a nice walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a sandwich at lunchtime so am wanting the reintroduction of bread to go well. I'm making extra stroganoff so I can see if it freezes well - the recipe I'm using uses cashews to make the sauce rather than dairy.

      Delete
  4. I like mushroom stroganoff, I often add in some soy for protein & it does freeze so well. I think I need to put mushrooms on my shopping list. When I was trying to find triggers for my upset digestive system, bread, pasta etc were first to go & then first to be re-introduced. It took a lot of remove, re-add to finally figure out for me it wasn't the wheat it was the amount of sugar in the breads. Now that I eat sugarless or reduced sugar (no other replacement additives) I'm good on the bread front. It's expense to buy at a specialty bakery, but worth the joy of being able to enjoy breads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushroom stroganoff is a keeper. The recipe I used contains cashews so together with the mushrooms, I decided it was okay for protein.

      It's interesting to read what you say about the time it took to identify the sugar content. I suppose I may have that to look forward to on some of the items I've excluded but I hope most of it is straightforward. Fingers crossed, anyway, as I start tomorrow!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts