Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • hearing from my late partner's brother and making arrangements to meet early next year, Covid permitting
  • hearing from P who I haven't seen since the last day of secondary school
  • taking part in an online workshop with author friend
  • clearing up the records relating to my maternal grandfather's line on my family tree
  • making time to enjoy reading novels 
  • investigating replacement pianos and discovering that stores in Bath (12 miles away) and Bristol (30 miles away) stock my current No 1 choice so I will be able to try before I buy (I previously thought it would involve a 200 miles round trip!)
  • trying out some new recipes
  • enjoying a walk around Southwick Country Park


I am grateful ...
  • for central heating and snuggle blankets now the temperatures are falling
  • for online ordering and food deliveries to my door
  • for friendly early morning dog walker who greet me with a cheery 'hello'


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. Achieved at least 30 minutes each day
    • 30 minute workouts twice a week. Achieved one
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: 1 lb loss 

Comments

  1. The exercising is going great, isn't it - good for you!

    And yes, definitely snuggle blankets are central heating as Very Good Things at the moment. It feels jolly chilly outside right now.

    I've signed up for Goldster and am looking forward to tomorrow morning . . . :-) Thanks for your help and advice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exercising is improving although my doctor mentioned the possibility of needing a knee replacement so I'm still limited in what I can do.

      Yay, to signing up for Goldster. Tomorrow (Monday) you will be able to see all of next week's schedule and the nutrition I mentioned is on Wednesday. Hope you enjoy it. xx

      Delete
  2. That's good that you can try the piano of your choice without having to make a big journey to do so.
    It's definitely getting much chillier now, stay warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment both stores are out of stock because of all the sales during lockdown, so are waiting on deliveries. I'm pleased a local store stocks the one I'm interested in as it means I can ask C to try it as well.

      Temperatures are definitely dropping over the next week ... I will definitely be staying in the warm, don't worry. Hope the same for you xx

      Delete
  3. Another good week of reasons for being cheerful and grateful! Well done on all the exercising and weight loss, too. I need to learn to say, "No, Thank you" to neighbor S! I've no self-control when there are cakes and goodies coming across the street from her! :D That's good to know that there are

    We are having a warm (low 80sF); it's supposed to cool down, tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm loving the warm weather. :)

    Hope the coming week will be another good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, I found sugar easy to give up. I decided on that about 3 years ago and now just have cake/dessert when I eat out with friends. I am missing potatoes and bread though!

      I'm jealous of your warm weather. It's 6°C here, dropping to 1°C during the night. Roll on the spring!

      And I hope it's a good weekend for you too x

      Delete
  4. So much good stuff there, especially the connecting with others. You are indeed blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts