Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • being aware of some improvements from following the 30 day healthy eating and weight loss programme, and
  • being fortunate to have a one-to-one session with the nutritionist
  • getting back to reading every day, and
  • enjoying a few days without TV (but I will be catching up on programmes today!)
  • enjoying my visit to see Joy, and
  • appreciating a lovely gift of daffodil and narcissus bulbs from her 
  • removing some more of the decluttered items from the house
  • having more dates in the diary
  • closing the curtains and shutting out the rest of the world, feeling snug and safe in my own home


I am grateful ...
  • that my family now seem to be over their run in with Covid 
  • for central heating on chilly days
  • for the opportunity to take positive steps to improve my health


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. Achieved 15 minutes on 5 days 
    • 30 minute workouts twice a week. Achieved 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: 1½ lbs loss over the last 7 days, plus a 3½ inch reduction on my waist measurement within the first 5 days 😀

Comments

  1. So glad you have had such a good week with your weight loss. I'm afraid mine has increased as I'm having problems with my trousers :(

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not so good! Hope it's not too bad and you can soon reverse the increase in weight.

      Hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  2. Way to go on the weight loss and reduction in inches! All your hard work is paying off! Lots of lovely reasons for being cheerful and grateful, too. Glad to hear the family is recovering nicely. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great start isn't it though sadly it also indicates that I am intolerant to at least one of the things I have eliminated.

      Thanks Bless, it's a huge relief to know my family are well on the way to recovery. I hope you have a wonderful week too xx

      Delete
    2. I have managed to fall behind on commenting but I am reading all the posts and the nutrition course is fascinating. 3.5 inches is amazing in five days! The intolerance thing intrigues me. Will be interesting to hear what the culprit is. Maybe I should do a course like this, and try to understand things much better than the piecemeal/fits-and-starts approach I generally take!

      Delete
    3. We discussed migraines today. I will be sending you an email in the next few days (when I get my act together) with some of the things she mentioned. She mentioned a couple of things I have never considered before and hopefully it will be as helpful to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Well done on seeing changes from following the healthy eating and weight loss programme, very impressive. Good to know your family are recovering well. Lots of good reasons to be cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm pleased to see significant changes this early. It's great that the family are all recovering and more importantly, that none of the others have caught it from them.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you're doing so very well. Good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I have a better understanding of how the programme will work following the Friday nutrition session and it makes a lot of sense. The changes so far show that it is working so I'm hopeful for the rest of the month. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    My congratulations on your progress and everything you have achieved throughout the week.
    It was really great!
    I wish you to continue this way for the next challenges.
    Hugs and good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. It's be a good week for many things but I'm especially pleased about the weight loss.

      I hope you have a good week to look forward to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts