Tuesday 2nd November

The first goal setting session for the weight loss programme was interesting and frustrating in equal measures.  This is the same life coach whose classes I tried before but gave up because she keeps flitting between what she wants to say and answering question, often stopping mid sentence to comment on something else. Frustrating as that it, from my point of view, it was made worse because she allows participants to remain unmuted so there were additional interruptions as people asked questions or were speaking to someone else in the room with them. It all combined to make it hard to follow and I had a headache by the end of the session. Luckily I'm familiar with goal setting so was able to complete that part of the class. Today it's the first of the workout classes. I'm not sure what to expect but it's only for 30 minutes so I should be able to cope with that!

The food delivery didn't arrive until 9 pm last night, which serves me right for booking a flexible time slot! That means I didn't have time to do any food prep so that's my task for today. I'm seeing Joy this morning after the exercise class and once I get home I'll make a start on the bulk cooking - a new-to-me recipe for slow cooker chicken soup, a couple of curries, veggie chilli, and maybe some fish cakes. I revised my meal plan yesterday but still have to come up with some better breakfast options so will try to get that done today as well.

I've decided to give the TV a miss this week. I'm trying to reduce my screen time so, as this weight loss course adds an additional 3 - 4 hours online each week, something else has to go and it's the television. It'll be an evening of reading or listening to music, or maybe a bit of both.

Comments

  1. A shame it's the same coach - I remember your frustration before. It sounds like she hasn't changed much.
    If you're allowed, I'd be very interested in the chicken soup recipe, please.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't particularly enjoy her style of running her sessions and find them quite stressful. The good news is that it's only once a week until the end of November so I can cope with that! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's too bad that it is the same coach who frustrated you, before! Maybe someone can ask her to mute the participants? Hope today's exercise class works out better. :)

    Sounds like you have your day all planned out nicely! I put in a grocery order, today; I will pick it up, tomorrow. Might have to do some meal prep for the week, myself!

    Hope you enjoy your day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't seem to bother any of the others so, as this is only a 30 day programme, I'll put up with it as I don't want to make a fuss.

      I saw Joy this morning and am now in the middle of cooking - chicken soup in the slow cooker and chicken curry on the hob.

      Hope you have a good day too x

      Delete
  3. What a shame, perhaps you could ask for the sound of the participants to be muted as there are too many distractions. I hope your workout class will be better organised. I only ever choose the fixed one hour delivery slots as I couldn't be doing with a late evening delivery. Can you record any interesting TV programmes? I LIKE to watch Heir Hunters but I've noticed they keep changing the time slot. I learned something interesting the other day, it's a thirty year wait before any unclaimed estate goes to the Treasury which answers something I believe I asked you about previously. So when they ask if you may know or be related to such a person it must be a last ditch attempt to find an heir. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The workout class was much better as he asked people to use the chat function if they had any questions. I'll just put up with the way the lifestyle sessions are run. It's only once a week until the end of November, so not too bad.

      I usually have a much early flexible delivery slot but this time I didn't have much choice - it was this one or a later one and I didn't want to be dealing with the delivery at 11pm!

      I tend to record things and then delete them a month or so later as I haven't bothered to watch them so I'll just rely on iPlayer if there is anything I want to watch.

      Hope you have a good day too x

      Delete
  4. You would have thought by now this life coach would have learnt about conducting Zoom meetings. Are there many sessions with her? We gave up a lot of TV watching just by default that there was nothing much on that interested us, hence my relying on the library for DVD series. Crock pot chicken soup sounds perfect for a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her session is every Monday and it's only until the end of November, so bearable.

      It looks like our local library will no longer be loaning DVDs - they are selling off all their stock of DVDs and audio books.

      The chicken soup is a new recipe so I'm hoping it will be as good as the one I usually make.

      Delete
  5. It does sound frustrating - I hope it gets a little better!

    I'm not a great watcher of TV. I don't have it on at all in the daytime. I probably wouldn't get anything done at all if I did. Your recipes sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! The other sessions are great so at least this goal setting one is only once a week.

      I go through stages of watching TV. Usually I am very selective about what I watch but occasionally end up wasting time by just watching any old thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts