Monday 15th November

I had a lovely weekend. As the weekend progressed I did less and less so now feel I need to buckle down and get a few essentials crossed off the to-do list!

The Tesco delivery arrived yesterday so that means a busy-ish day in the kitchen today, once I've done the goal setting class and also attempted to make an appointment with my doctor. Top of the list is to start off a soup in the slow cooker and a couple of casseroles in the oven, all to be frozen in portions for the freezer. I don't have a firm meal plan in mind for this week, which I need to sort out, but this will give me some options. I also have a couple of new-to-me recipes to try out as well, both cooked on the hob - Thai Chicken and Mushroom Soup, and Warm Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad. Once that's all started I'll settle down with a hot drink and knock out the meal plan for this week so that, while I'm in the mood, I can bulk cook anything else I'll need for this week's meal. One good thing about this 30 day programme is that it has encouraged me to add much more variety to the food I eat.

This afternoon is set aside for decluttering duties, though as I write this I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing on that today. Which all sounds a bit vague but I will definitely spend some time on it. One bit of good new is that I spoke to my niece yesterday about her son who is learning to play the trumpet at school and it's been agreed that he can soon be the proud owner of my own instrument together with a huge stack of beginner level tutor books. That won't happen until the end of December though as it will be expensive to send so she will collect it when she visits over the Christmas break ... this won't add any money to the piggy bank but it will free up some more space next month!

I'm hoping to arrange something with J this week, maybe a walk together weather permitting. L is still poorly and not up to meeting socially but hopefully we'll be able to manage a phone chat at some stage during the week. 

Comments

  1. Everyone needs a 'doing not a lot' time now and again and I'm glad you had such a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to prefer my 'doing not a lot' times over the productive times, that's the problem! 😂 xx

      Delete
    2. I find it goes in phases and I'm learning to go with the flow much more.
      xx

      Delete
    3. I just want to get this last lot of decluttering done and dusted and then I can ease up an enjoy a more relaxed pace of life xx

      Delete
  2. The weekend is the perfect time to rest and relax, buoys you up for the jobs that need doing in the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends are supposed to be spent relaxing, so I'm glad you were able to take it easy. Your plans to prepare a few dishes in advance and freeze portions for later is a good one. Sounds like you have a busy day planned! Hope you have a good day and accomplish all what you want to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a busy day, partly because I have plans for later in the week so household type things need to squeezed into three days. All the meals are either cooking or cooling (it's 1pm) so all I need to do later is to freeze in portions, meal planning is done, and now I have to decide on which decluttering task to tackle. It's all going well so far!

      Delete
  4. I think that in no time, you'll be the one leading the goal setting classes. I never think of cooking as working; clean up from my kitchen adventures is another matter! How lovely that your trumpet will go to a willing family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, that was the final goal setting class for me - I'll explain why in tomorrow's post. I used to teach this when I worked in the civil service which I think may be part of the reason why I struggle with her classes.

      I'm really pleased that the trumpet is going to my great nephew - it keeps it in the family!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts