Tuesday 23rd November

Yesterday wasn't a total success. The mushroom stroganoff counts as a success - I really enjoyed it so have kept a second portion in the fridge for today's lunch and frozen a third portion to make sure that it freezes well. The decluttering didn't go so well though. Of the two enquiries there was one sale and the other was a 'no show', which I was half expecting. I contacted the music charity to find that they are interested but are not accepting donations for the foreseeable future, which is disappointing as it would have been an ideal way to dispose of the music and instruments. I'll have to come up with another solution as I don't really want it hanging around home for much longer. 

It's the final healthy eating/weight loss Zoom class this morning. It's more of a round up/celebration session which I will attend but, as I haven't started tolerance testing, I feel at a slight disadvantage. I'm starting that today, including bread at breakfast and lunch, and then excluding it again while I wait to see how I feel for the rest of today and for the next two or three days. If there are no adverse symptoms I'll be able to resume including bread in my diet. I love bread, so am hoping that it doesn't cause any upsets.

On the decluttering front I have some more parcels to send off - 1 box of sold items, 2 boxes to family, and 1 box of vintage items for a quote. There's also a couple of bags ready for the next charity donation (mostly clothes), and a bag of items for disposal at the recycling yard. I've found a local charity that will collect unwanted items including furniture so they may be interested in the bookcase and fridge being stored in the garage. I don't know if you have to pay for their service or whether they collect for free - their Facebook page is slightly confusing as they also do rubbish clearance, which I know is chargeable, so will only use them if the collection of donated items is a free service. If not, I will arrange for someone to help me take the two items to the recycling yard instead.

It's 'Who Do You Think You Are on TV' tonight so I'll be watching that later on, and then an early-ish night to read until I feel sleepy.

Comments

  1. I hope you enjoy your bread today and it's reintroduction doesn't cause any upsets. I wouldn't have thought a charity would charge for collections as surely that would put people off donating but you never know these days. Our Council will collect one large item for free and £5 for any additional large items, may be worth looking if your Council has a similar scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local council will collect large items but charges £25.30 for each one!

      I had some bread at breakfast and there are no upsets so far which is promising, although most of the other participants reported that their symptoms appeared the day after the reintroduction.

      Delete
  2. I think I have to put mushroom stroganoff on my to make list - or how about mushroom and turkey stroganoff - then it will count as a Christmas meal because - well - turkey!
    < grin >
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I think the British Heart Foundation collects furniture for free.
      xx

      Delete
    2. The person who gave me the recipe link added chicken when she cooked it so I'm sure adding turkey will work just fine 😀

      I'd forgotten about the BHF collecting furniture, so many thanks for reminding me. xx

      Delete
    3. BHF does collect furniture as do many other charitable organisations. Check that you have the required fire safety certification on furniture as many charities will not collect unless it does.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, but I doubt I'll be using a charity now. I mentioned the furniture to my friend and she's coming to collect both items at the weekend. 😀

      Delete
  3. I hope that reintroducing the bread goes well. Too bad the decluttering didn't go as well as hoped, although you've quite a number of items ready to leave your house! Well done on gathering the items! I hope today will be a good day and you enjoy your reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good with reintroducing the bread. I had toast soldiers with boiled egg for breakfast and will have a sandwich for lunch, and then wait to see how it affects me.

      I wasn't able to make arrangements for the music items but there is stuff leaving the house so the decluttering is still happening even if not quite in the way I'd hoped.

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed on the bread re-introduction. Egg & soldiers sound a breakfast treat, I must do this week. You are very good with developing a Plan B so I'm sure the musical instruments will find a good/useful home & those large items in the garage will also find a home. Our local council only recently introduced free yard waste pick up (leaves,small twigs/branches, plant material) once a month April-November, so for us any large items such as frigs, furniture has to be removed at our own cost/selves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel okay with the bread so far, so at least there wasn't an immediate reaction to it. I'm still puzzling out what to do with the musical items but am sure I will find a solution. We pay for the fortnightly kerbside collections of general waste and recycling in our Council Tax payments, and collection of garden waste is an additional payment of £50 a year. I'm shocked at how much they charge for the collection of large items so, if the charity doesn't want them, they will be taken to the recycling centre where it's free!

      Delete
    2. If you have good quality musical items you could try offering them to your local primary and secondary schools.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Victoria. I've already tried the schools and the county music service. They had some of the books but won't take woodwind instruments because of Covid.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Glad the mushroom stroganof was great!
    All other items you will solve as possible.
    «Slowly if you go far» says a Portuguese proverb.
    Hugs and a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. The stroganoff was lovely ... I can definitely recommend it. Yes, I'll be able to sort out the rest of the decluttering, just not sure how yet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts