Saturday 27th November

Many thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I will get around to responding to you all individually but I ran out of time. I had a lovely birthday, enjoying a long lunch with friends and time with family. 

The biggie for today is a trip to Bath this afternoon for my booster jab. I'm relieved to be getting it done especially in the light of the new variant ... it's never ending, is it.  I've started arranging some face to face meetings for when the booster has had time to start working, and so far have my friend and one of her daughters coming round one evening to share a takeaway and a long overdue catch up, a daytime walk with H (date still to be confirmed but it'll be before Christmas), and a cafĂ© catch up with J. I've also texted both of my nephews to see when they are free so I can spend some time with the children.

I think that's all I have to say for today except ... I'll be passing by the piano shop in Bath on my way home so, if there is room to park outside, I may pop in and have a look at all the bright shiny new pianos!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that you had a lovely birthday, Eileen. Hope the booster jab goes well and any side effects you have will be very mild. Hope you are able to check out the pianos while you are out and about. Will you be getting any take out from the Sri Lankan store on your way back or will that be for another time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sri Lankan meal will be for another time. I want to avoid the city centre on a Saturday for one thing and the storm is still raging on so I want to be out for as short a time as possible. I phoned the piano store when they opened and it seems they are still waiting for new stock to arrive which includes the model I'm interested in buying, so a trip to the piano shop may have to wait for now.

      Delete
  2. Hope the booster jab goes okay and you don't get any side effects. They have opened it up to everyone here in Michigan where I live as the Covid numbers are high so I am going to see if hubby and I can get one done somewhere. Seems even more prudent the the new variant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get your booster jabs asap. The new variant is worrying, isn't it.

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't suffer any side effects from your booster jab. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Unfortunately I am feeling under the weather after having the booster but hopefully that will soon right itself soon. Birthday celebrations were good fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts