Wednesday 24th November

Well the good news is that reintroducing bread caused no problems at all yesterday, so now I need to avoid bread completely for the next three days and wait to see how I feel. It can take that long for any symptoms to appear but I'm hopeful that it is going to be okay.

We had the final 'celebration' session for the healthy eating/weight loss programme yesterday which was a fun way to end. We can still ask any questions we may have during their regular sessions so we're not without support if needed in the future and we were reminded that, once we've worked out whether there are any underlying intolerances and learn to avoid those foods, this is a healthy eating framework for life. Some people follow the advice religiously every day but equally, some people use it three or four times a year to 'reset' themselves. I intend to make it my regular way of eating and we have been assured that if we do that, the weight loss will continue. 

So it's back to my normal schedule today with a regular nutrition class followed by my piano lesson. This week's practice has gone better than I was expecting so if the lesson goes well we should start working on improving my pedal technique, which is currently more of a 'hope for the best' approach rather than anything you could describe as a 'technique'! 

It's forecast to be a chilly day but it should remain dry so I'm leaving my walk until after lunch and, if the light is good enough, will take my camera with me and try for some photos. 

I don't have a busy to-do list today ... I've awarded myself a day off for completing the healthy eating programme! ... but I do need to arrange for the boiler to be checked and the annual MOT on the car. They shouldn't take long to sort out and then I can just fill my time as I please. 

Comments

  1. I was never taught to use the pedal properly so it was always a bit hit and miss and definitely something to fudge over errors or poor fingerwork!
    Hopefully, 'see' you at the nutrition class :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are enjoying your day off, although you mentioned 2 chores in the very same breath. Stick to those 2 and then play for a day! ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day of relaxation after booking those two very important checks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for finishing the healthy eating/weight loss program! Glad to know that there will be some support available even if the program has ended. Sounds like you've earned your day of relaxation (once the nutrition class and piano lesson are over and you've booked your appointments!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good way to end the programme, with celebration. Thankfully both of today's tasks are just quick (hopefully) calls to make appointments, then it's fun do as you may day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping the bread reintroduction continues well. I eat very little bread, but it is so convenient sometimes, I doubt I could banish it completely.
    I use piano pedal (the right one) willy-nilly to mask poor technique and "for atmospheric purposes". I am sure it's all wrong. I remember once my sister laughing because she was watching our choir mistress playing the organ (they were both pupils at the church) and you could see the bellows going up and down where she was using the swell like a piano pedal! It was quite mesmerising and sounded a bit odd. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts