Monday 1st November

It doesn't feel like a Monday. Yesterday didn't feel like a Sunday. I can't quite work out why but I feel out of sorts with myself, not in a bad way, just lacking a bit of focus I suppose. I don't feel ill and I'm getting things done, just not the things I'd planned to do!

The 30 day healthy eating weight loss programme starts today. I've planned my meals for this week and included some new recipes to keep it interesting, so the need to exclude wheat and white potatoes doesn't feel too much of a hardship. I have everything I need for today's meals and the supermarket delivery is due tonight, which will set me up for the week. If the delivery arrives early enough I'll do some prep for the next few days and cook up some meals for the freezer. If not it's a task for tomorrow but whenever I do it, it will be time well spent as I stand more chance of sticking to the plan if I get myself organised.

It's the first goal setting session at 9am - I'm not sure whether this is limited to food issues/eating habits or to lifestyle in general, but either way it should be interesting. That's followed by the style class, only four more sessions including the one today, but I don't know whether I will bother with them. The course has been very interesting so far and I'm glad I've done it. I've learnt a lot and now have to implement my choices but don't feel the remaining sessions will be of much interest to me ... today we will discuss how to shop! I will sign in for today's session as I at least want to thank the course leader but unless she's changed the topics for the remaining sessions, today will be my last one.

Apart from that it's more of the usual - Italian and piano practices, decluttering (I have a couple of parcels to send out), some housework, and then shut the world out and lose myself in a book. Oh, and the food delivery tonight.

Comments

  1. I never know what day it is anymore and I understand the feeling of being out of sorts. I hope the first session of your weight loss programme goes well and works well for you. Not sure about being told how to shop for clothes, that should be interesting. Sounds like a good day all planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one - not knowing what day it is I mean, not the feeling out of sorts.

      The shopping for clothes was a bit of an odd topic and just boiled down to only shopping for items you need and make sure that what you buy suits you and goes with other things in your wardrobe!

      The first session of the weight loss was goal setting. I'm okay with doing that and already have short and long term goals in place so didn't really add to my goals as I think it's too easy to overstretch yourself. The nutrition side is of more interest to me and the first session for that is on Wednesday. Tomorrow is the first exercise class!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about some days just not feeling 'right' somehow. It's odd.
    I think that organisation is a bit part of success in the sort of thing you are doing. I hope it's as good as you want it to be - I don't see why it shouldn't be and look forward to hearing all about it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this helps me create the best habits for healthy eating and weight loss in the future. In terms of how much weight I have to lose and my current level of fitness (non-existent!) I'm not expecting to see huge results in the 30 days but it will be a start! xx

      Delete
  3. I think you have so many good things planned for the day but to me the best part of your day sounds like "lose myself in a book" Good luck with the kick off of the Healthy Eating plan. I wonder if "how to shop" will include info of where & when to get coupons for discounts, although I know this side of the pond, clothing stores rarely have coupons, but we can always hope (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't quite go to the stage where I can curl up with a book as I still have must-do tasks to finish. won't be long though!

      Nothing about coupons, sorry. I was more of a recap of what we've learnt and remembering to only shop when we need something, and only buy what suits you and goes with other things in your wardrobe. A bit disappointing really!

      Delete
  4. I hope you are feeling less out of sorts by now. It's very frustrating when we aren't able to do what we planned to do! I've read through the comments and have seen that you've already attended today's weight loss session and the life style session. I hope you've finished all your "must do" tasks by now and are enjoying reading your book; hope the food delivery contains everything you ordered and the meal prep for the week goes well. Enjoy the rest of your day/evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, it was a good day thanks. The food delivery had quite a few substitutions but all acceptable, though it means that I will need to change my meal plan to use some of the substituted items. They also included a pack of ready to eat prawns in lime and coriander marinade which I hadn't ordered or been charged for. I queried it with customer service and was told it was their mistake and I could keep them for free, so today (Tuesday) I've eaten half the pack with a salad and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts