Tuesday 9th November

After a slow start, yesterday turned out to be a productive day. I changed the bed, finished the washing and put it all away (no ironing needed!), hoovered carpets and cleaned bathrooms. Today is a free day as far as housework is concerned, so it was worth the effort.

The goal setting session was interesting and not as frustrating as she kept everyone muted, so the session flowed better. Hopefully, she'll take that approach for the remaining sessions as well. Barbara Dickson's session was good fun. She's trying to get us to attempt song writing, not to perform in public but for our own enjoyment at home. I've written simple instrumental pieces in the past when I was teaching but have never wanted to write a song, so doubt I will attempt this. I did enjoy all she had to say though, especially as she sang a folk song during this session ... I love her voice. 

I carried on with some decluttering in the evening. I've sorted out another load to send to the Vintage Cash Cow company so today I need to find a box to send that off, hopefully today. There's another lot to photograph for a different company to value - I'm not entirely sure that I will use the company if the price is acceptable as the cost of getting the items, all fairly heavy, to them in Hereford is likely to be very high but it is the closest company geographically for these items. As well as sending the photos I'll contact a carrier for a quote, so I have the information I need to make a decision. There's also a pile of things that I think should be returned to his family so need to find a box, check addresses, and get that send off as well. I think by the time I've finished, there will be another box or two for a charity shop donation. I'm hoping that after today's effort I will know exactly what still needs to be sold and can decide how to tackle it.

I'm not doing the programme workout today but will go for a walk as an alternative. It's been confirmed that this is acceptable so I'll fit in a 30 minute walk, most likely around the pathways that crisscross this part of the village. 

Comments

  1. Well done to get all that housework done yesterday and may the muse strike hot while you write that song. What an interesting activity.

    Enjoy your walk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to feeling smug about the housework ... smug but tired! The weather didn't look too promising earlier and I think there was some rain during the early hours so I ended up doing my walk around the house and garden.

      It is fascinating to hear what Barbara Dickson has to say about her own song writing and about music in general. As to whether I'll attempt my own song ... probably not at the moment. xx

      Delete
  2. You had a very productive day, yesterday! Enjoy your housework free day, today! Well done on the decluttering, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I used all my energy up yesterday because I definitely don't have much left today! It feels good to have it done though so it was worth it. Thanks re the decluttering, although I don't think I'm doing as well as you this month.

      Delete
  3. I'm envious of your housework-free day. I have to split mine over two days as I've not enough energy to do it one, so very well done. Good that during the goal setting session she muted the participants, maybe someone had a word with her after all. You're doing so well with your decluttering. Enjoy your walk today, the sun is shining here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually split it over two or three days but just wanted it over and done with this week so I can fit in the extra classes for the weight loss programme. Yes, the goal setting was much better this week and it is possible someone suggested she mute the participants ... whatever it was, it worked much better!

      The decluttering seems never ending, not that my enthusiasm is waning or anything! It must end at some time, surely.

      I did my walk in home as the sky didn't look too promising. In the end I was wrong and it was fine but at least I did the 30 minute walk.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear the instructor found the master mute button & used it! Seems feedback does work. I've had to many housework free days of late, so I'll be in the opposite direction of you today (col). A wander about town with camera in hand could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it's the same for her remaining sessions! Housework free days are great but eventually all the clutter etc, gets to me and I need to tackle it to restore order. It sound like that day has arrived for you so hope it doesn't take you too long to get it all done.

      Delete
  5. What I hate about the decluttering is figuring out the proper way to dispose of various things too - consignment shop for a bit of cash versus straight to the Goodwill charity or maybe just the simplicity of trashing it. If I weren't an accountant and a thrifty type by nature I think I really would just skip at least the consignment shop. The last couple of weeks have netted 2 big trash bags which are being picked up today on our regular trash day, and I have both a box and a large tote of things for charity that I need hubby's SUV to drop off. Then maybe next week I can deal with the stuff pushed into one closet that needs to go to the consignment shop, I can box it up and inventory it. But not drop offtill the new year as they are really only taking Christmas stuff at the moment. I waited to long.

    Maybe you could write a little ditty appropriate for singing while we declutter? That might help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep an amount in mind and I estimate how much I think I will get for an item if sold - if it is below the amount I donate or gift, if above the amount I sell. It sounds like your doing well with yours.

      I think it would be quite a miserable song if I attempted to voice my thoughts on decluttering ... it hasn't gone too well today!

      Delete
  6. Good job on the decluttering! I am slowly working on my house. It's difficult when working on Jane's house (which will take forever - not kidding). Seeing her house does give me motivation though as I don't want my house to be like that and it makes you think a bit more about things that are important to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. My own experience of clearing out my late partner's things has made me consider very carefully how much I want to keep of my own possessions. I definitely want to make it as easy as possible for my nieces and nephews who will have the task of clearing my home, so it's a case of being sensible about what I want to keep. So far, I haven't missed any of the items I've let go!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts