Wednesday 3rd November

Well I survived the first workout session! I was more than anxious when the email with the access link described the session as HIIT but it was well organised and there were different exercises demonstrated at each stage and the participants chose the appropriate exercise for their level of fitness and whether they wished to be standing or seated. I wasn't looking forward to it but I did it, and it was (thankfully) only a 30 minute session. I know I need to exercise more, so on the days when there isn't an exercise session I will fit in a 30 minute walk instead.

A quick shower and a change of clothes later, I drove round to Joy's home and spent the rest of the morning enjoying her company. It feels like ages since we last met up, what with all the postponed and cancelled arrangement due to Covid risks so it was lovely to see her and to see her new library, which I may be a little jealous of!

The rest of the day was taken up with bulk cooking and I now have a good selection of soups in the freezer. I also made a couple of chicken curries and have frozen those in portions as well, leaving two portions in the fridge for later in the week. I'd have done this anyway as it is definitely soup weather but this time have tried out some new recipes to make sure I have some meals on hand that fit in with the advice we're being given. I have a few more recipes I'd like to try out but will need to do a bit more shopping first so that's either for this afternoon or tomorrow.

Today is the usual nutrition club followed by a short session with the nutritionist for the people who are following the programme. I think she'll be giving advice on dealing with cravings, which from the comments in the Facebook group, is something quite a few of the others are struggling with. There's no piano lesson today because of the additional short nutrition session and then it should be the style class but at the time of writing this, I'm not sure whether I will bother with it. From the look of the living room I think my time will be better used doing some housework!

Comments

  1. Woo hoo! Well done on getting through the workout session! Glad you were able to visit with your friend. Sounds like you had a productive rest of the day, too, with your bulk cooking. Hope your day goes well, today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I can definitely feel the day after aches from the exercise! I'm pleased with all I achieved yesterday and feel better prepared to follow the programme as a result.

      Today is going well so far, thanks.

      Delete
  2. That's good that the exercises are tailored to your fitness level and fitting in a thirty minute walk is a good idea, it's what I do with the pup. Nice that you spent some quality time with Joy and did your cooking. Housework, hope you can get that done and sadly it's become a chore to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exercise class, even with the options to choose for your own level of fitness, was harder than I was expecting. Even the people who exercise regularly said the same. I think I'd be better off following the exercise programme I have from the physio but will see how it goes over the next few sessions. It was great to catch up with Joy again and will see her again before the month is out. Housework definitely counts as a chore in my book as well but sadly can't be put off any longer!

      Delete
  3. It all sounds so very good and the individual approach is great. By the sound of it, definitel;y worth the time.
    I'm glad you were able to catch up with Joy after all this time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth doing. I find the nutritional side of things more beneficial than the rest and this is a great opportunity to make changes to my diet for the right reasons.

      It was great to have a good old chinwag with Joy. xx

      Delete
  4. Bravo for completing the fitness class. Did they introduce stretches as a warm up to any exercises? I always forget to do stretching before my walking & lately I seem to pay afterwards for forgetting. How lovely to spend the morning with a friend in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the session started with a few stretching exercises, then the various exercises for strength and stamina, and then ended with the warm down exercises.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts