Tuesday 16th November

The 30 day healthy eating and weight loss programme has now been reduced to 21 days so will end on Sunday. I don't really understand the full reasons for the change as the reason given - that it takes 21 days to create a habit - was known before the programme started so it doesn't fully explain the sudden change. I'm feeling disappointed and ill at ease about the lack of support after the end of this week, particularly as I haven't started on reintroducing any of the eliminated foods yet. The high level of support has, in my opinion, been key to the programme but now the additional classes scheduled for next week are being brought forward and will be included in this week ... the only problem being that, despite many requests, they still haven't issue a revised timetable so we don't actually know when all the rescheduled classes are. The Facebook group will also be removed. It's unbelievable really, and even if they do finally get their act together and issue the revised schedule today it leaves very little time to re-organise commitments where necessary - in fairness, that's down to the admin staff and not the people running the classes but it is a real issue for myself and some of the others. On the plus side, but this may only be a plus for me, I won't have to attend any more goal setting classes! We were told in this morning's class that the class originally scheduled for next week will be run this Wednesday instead, but as it clashes with something else in my diary that I can't change, I will have to miss it. 

Today is set aside for housework and clearing a lot of small tasks on my to-do list. The housework won't take too long, just a quick whizz round with the hoover and duster and then see to the bathrooms, and that'll do for now as there are enough small tasks to keep me out of mischief for the rest of the day! I have a couple of parcels to post so I'll leave my walk until the Post Office is open and walk there and back instead of taking the car, and when I get back will work steadily through the rest of the list until I've done everything. I'm prioritising admin tasks as they are they ones preying on my mind and I'll feel much happier once they're done and out of the way.

And that's about it for today. I will fit in the usual piano and Italian practices plus a catch up call with my sister, but my focus is on clearing the to-do list!

Comments

  1. Funding issues, maybe?? I'm not surprised you are feeling more than a little disappointed. You were finding a lot of it very useful.
    Good luck with the list, especially the admin items.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doesn't seem to be funding as there are the same number of classes, just squeezed into one week instead of two. It seems odd to shorten the programme just at the time people need specific advice about their reactions to reintroducing certain foods.

      Thanks re the list xx

      Delete
  2. That was unexpected and disappointing for you. I read back on your comment about the symptoms that may occur when reintroducing certain foods so do be very careful but I know you will, they've offered support and seemingly taken it away. I hope you complete your list of tasks today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that they are thinking that people will rely on their doctor's support. I will definitely be careful, don't worry.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry they decided to end the program after only 21 days, especially since you haven't reintroduced the foods you eliminated and you will not have the support you might still need when you reintroduce those foods. I hope they reconsider their decision to end the program sooner. I hope you get all the things on your to do list done. Hope your day goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are expecting that support to come from my doctor now. I don't think they will reconsider, which is a shame and has soured the whole experience for me.

      Delete
  4. Very curious as to why the abrupt shortening/ending of this program. I wonder how they will monitor the end results of the program effectively - very curious indeed. I tackled my oven & stove two days ago & I'm still riding high on my housework achievement (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They send questionnaires to monitor how people are doing. Hopefully we'll also get the opportunity to offer some feedback.

      Well done on cleaning the oven and stove ... that merits at least a week's break from housework!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    It was very annoying that they changed the course schedule.
    I hope you make the best of your time and enjoy the walk.
    I want you to be able to do all the tasks you have thought of.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ailime, it is frustrating but I can still try to get the most out of it in the short time remaining. I didn't get everything done today but am hoping to finish it off tomorrow.
      x

      Delete
  6. That's too bad that they are cutting the program short, and don't feel any need to give an explanation to those affected. Although it seem to be the done things these days. I recently had an online class cut short because the teacher had over-extended herself and needed to get ready for another event she was doing. I did not think much of her short-shrifting one set of folks so she could charge another set of folks and profit sooner. She was of the generation younger than mine, and I have seen several examples of lack of follow-through there. She may catch on if she loses enough business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of other people having the same experience as you. It's not a good reputation for the teacher to gain for herself - I wonder if it will affect her business in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts