Monday 8th November

In the garden ...


It's been a quiet and relaxing weekend. I didn't stray far from home, just for a walk around the Marina on Sunday morning, but chose instead to spend my time reading and pottering. The outcome is that I feel better than I have felt for a long time, and most of the washing is done and put away.

Today has to be a busier day though. It's nice to indulge myself from time to time but I wouldn't want every day to be as quiet. I'm going out for an early morning walk and will try to do that every day this week. I'm aiming for 15 minute walks to start with and will gradually increase the distance as and when, depending on how my knee holds out. Then it's time to attack the housework - on the list for today is to change bed, do two loads of washing, hoover upstairs and make a start on the bathrooms. 

It's the second week of the 30 day programme and there will be tolerance testing after day 10 but I'm not sure yet what that involves or which of the things we eliminated is the first one to be tested. As I'm already dairy free, don't use sugar and am teetotal I think I'm having an easier time than some of the others as so far I've only had to eliminate wheat, caffeine and white potatoes, whereas the others have had to eliminate all six. I thought eliminating wheat, potatoes and caffeine was going to be more difficult than it's turned out to be and I have enjoyed a different way of eating. I think, from the changes and weight loss so far, I may be intolerant of one of the items I've eliminated but if that turns out to be the case, there are alternative for all of them so I'm not going to fret about it. It's the second goal setting session this morning! 

My joyful activity for today is listening to an online talk by Barbara Dickson. It's the second of three and if this is as good as the first one, I'm in for a treat. Sadly, she doesn't sing during the session but did give out lots of snippets about her life and career in the first one. The trio of talks is how music feeds our minds, bodies and souls, and how we can bring music back into our lives.

Comments

  1. That would be difficult to eliminate all six foodstuffs at once but even your eliminating those three is quite impressive and I'm glad you've seen results so soon. Your garden is colourful and looking lovely and I've noticed my fuchsias are still looking good too. Enjoy your day even with the planned housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've a feeling that I've found it easy because it's for a relatively short timescale and I've made time to try out some new recipes.

      I'm pleased that the garden is still colourful as we start the second week of November although the bare patches are gradually extending. The first ground frosts will finish most of these off.

      Thanks, so far the day is trotting along nicely and I'm catching up with the housework.

      Delete
  2. I found wheat to be my troublesome ingredient, once I cut back, life was much better. Your garden is very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you cut out wheat completely or do you just ration the amount you eat?

      Thanks, I've loved the colour in the garden this year.

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks so colourful & very pretty. Between you & M, you have made quite a sanctuary of your garden. A lovely place to sit & enjoy. Sounds like you are having good success with the 30 eating programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. M's help in transforming my garden is immeasurable and you have described it perfectly ... it is my sanctuary.

      The 30 day programme is going well!

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking so pretty with all the lovely flowers! I hope the frosts keep away for a bit longer so you can enjoy all the lovely colors! Glad you enjoyed a quiet and relaxing weekend. Sounds like you'll have a busy day, today. Hope it is going well. Enjoy the second week of the 30 day program! You seem to be doing well on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Sorry for the delay in responding but I've only just seen your comment. I don't think we'll have too much longer until the ground frosts are on us so I'm enjoying the garden while I can.

      The programme is going well so far. I've lost 2lbs and 4 inches from my waist.

      Delete
  5. Loving the purples and pinks of the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts