Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • meeting with K (for a healthy walk instead of cake!)
  • feeling much better than I have done in years
  • celebrating two of the many November birthdays - from the 7th November until the end of the month there are 9 birthdays, with 3 more in the first week of December
  • hearing the wonderful news that my friend's daughter is expecting her second child and, a wonderful coincidence, the new baby is due on my late partner's birthday!
  • deciding on some changes I want to include in my life
  • that there is still plenty of colour in the garden


I am grateful ...
  • for the opportunities that are presenting themselves
  • for friends and family who genuinely have my best interests at heart
  • for the bravery and sacrifices made by previous generations to preserve our way of life


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. Achieved at least 30 minutes each day
    • 30 minute workouts twice a week. Achieved (sort of!) 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: 2 lbs loss over the last 11 days, plus a 4 inch reduction on my waist measurement 😀

Comments

  1. Lots of great reasons for being cheerful and grateful! That's a lot of birthdays to celebrate! I know that one of those birthdays will be yours and your sister's! Well done on the life style changes and the results are something to cheer about! Hope the next week will be equally wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one of them is mine and my sister ... on the 26th! I'm just relieved I don't exchange gifts with all of the birthday boys and girls as I'd be broke! December is almost as bad with 6 birthdays in the first 18 days and then Miss C on Christmas Day.

      I'm pleased with how all the lifestyle changes are going, though a bit frustrated that I have to wait to tolerance test until I have seen my doctor.

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of birthdays in one month and beyond. So good that the changes in your life are having such positive results. Enjoy this coming week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life definitely feels on the up - the speedy results from the first part of the 30 day programme has helped to see what's possible and made it easier to continue.

      Hope you have a good week too x

      Delete
  3. Feeling much better than in years is really something. I think I need to look into a nutrition course like yours. Are they ongoing throughout the year?
    Here's to your next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a huge change in how I'm feeling. All the others on the programme have said the same thing, so much so that a few of them have decided not to tolerance test and plan to continue with eliminating the wheat, dairy, etc. I would prefer to do the testing as I'm already restricted on what I can eat and don't want to narrow my selection down if it is unnecessary.

      The regular nutrition classes are ongoing and are via Goldster which is aimed at the over 50s - don't know if they restrict people on age or not though. This 30 day programme is a Goldster pilot course and I don't know how they plan to offer this in the future, although I have a feeling it will be chargeable - the pilot is free.

      Hope you have a great week too xx

      Delete
  4. Wow that's a lot of birthdays! Glad you are feeling more healthy! Some great things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes, it's a popular time of the year for birthdays amongst family and friends. So far eliminating certain foods has completely changed how I feel ... hoping this continues!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts