Wednesday 17th November

It was a strange sort of day yesterday. I managed to get a lot of my list cleared even though my heart really wasn't in it. I don't know why but I found it almost impossible to settle on one task, so everything took longer than it should have done! Today I need to finish off the ones I started but didn't complete. 

This morning I have another check-up with the optician first thing and that's followed by a nutrition class (a regular one, not to do with the programme) ... we are getting to grips with labelling today, which I did once before on the diabetes course but I have a feeling that Claudia's class will be much more informative. Immediately afterwards it's my piano lesson. I have practiced the two set pieces but I'm not really playing them confidently so I won't be surprised if I continue to work on them this week as well. 

The revised timetable for the programme was issued very late on Monday night so I didn't see it until the morning. There's an additional goal setting class this morning which I'll miss because I'll be at the opticians and wasn't prepared to change my appointment at such short notice. The other additional classes will probably be missed as well although I will try to change my arrangements so I can at least do the nutrition ones as they are the most useful. I'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping for a phone chat with J this afternoon. We were planning to meet up this week but she's really busy with work so we're settling for a chat and will meet next week. L is feeling better but we're leaving it for a few days until we meet - it wasn't Covid thankfully, but she has been really poorly and now needs to get her energy levels back up.

It's episode 5 of Shetland tonight so I'll be glued to the screen from 9 pm, and then up to bed to read for a while before an early-ish night.

Comments

  1. I've accompanied my husband on two diabetes courses and found the labelling lessons the hardest to get a grips with. What a shame you'll miss the classes and it doesn't seem fair they've rescheduled them at such short notice, very disappointing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labels are confusing ... that's my take away from the session today! I'm moving away from buying processed foods and am cooking from scratch for the majority of my meals so am not fretting too much about understanding the labels.

      I missed a goal setting class today, so I'm quite happy about that 😂

      Delete
  2. You've a busy morning scheduled! I hope the appointment with the optician goes well; definitely not something you'd want to reschedule because the 30 day program suddenly became a 21 day program! Good luck with the piano lesson; maybe you'll surprise yourself and play well enough to get new pieces! Hope you have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The optician visit went well. There's no change to my prescription so I can keep my current specs for now, which'll save some pennies.

      I didn't play too well but I have new pieces anyway, so I'm happy ... and we discuss stickers!!!

      Delete
    2. Yay for getting new pieces and for discussing the stickers! :D Hope you will be getting some, soon! :D

      Delete
    3. I have some already, only virtual ones though! 😂😂

      Delete
  3. Hope all goes well with the optician. I wonder if your not being able to settle was the abrupt end to the 30 day program? Learning to read the labels has remained a challenge for me & I took a 1 evening workshop on it. So many hidden ingredients with the most un-pronounceable names, hence why it is good to stay with the fruits & veg & make up your own sauces & the like. Have fun with the piano lesson today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may have been. The change has unsettled me more than I expected but it is what it is so am making the most of the time that's left.

      I mostly cook from scratch now which is just as well as labels are confusing and misleading.

      Delete
  4. Your mention of the optician reminds me I need to order my next supply of contacts. I hope you got a good report at your check-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all good today. My prescription hasn't changed and both eyes look healthy.

      Delete
  5. I did watch Shetland, but both my husband and myself are confused with who's who, so think we might watch tonight's again.. I've been to bed and got up as didn't feel tired suddenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused by all the character's as well but have decided to wait and then binge watch the entire series in one go.

      Hope you managed to get some more sleep x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts