Weekly Reflections

93/365: the trellis is in place!
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • getting the patio cleaned and repointed ... I'm really pleased with how it looks
  • neighbour S fitting the trellis for me and loving that they add another dimension with interesting shapes and shadows
  • arranging a date for my BiL to collect the unwanted garden planters
  • hearing that L has recovered from Covid and is back at work
  • J visiting for the afternoon
  • brainstorming with J and coming up with lots of ideas for the dining room 
  • agreeing a date for M (the gardener) to start back
  • making progress on the decluttering by sorting out all the books
  • receiving some more books from my sister (I'm trying to ignore the fact that I'd just finished sorting through all the books and now need to do it again to find space for the new ones! 😂) 
  • loving seeing everyone's WPSH and monthly challenge photos
  • bright sunshine and a beautiful blue sky on a bitterly cold day
  • adding more dates to the diary

I am grateful ...
  • for all the help from neighbour S
  • for central heating during the recent cold spell
  • for friends who wholeheartedly enter in the spirit of things and share ideas that help my own thoughts and ideas grow 

Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • daily walk. Achieved
    • daily knee strengthening. Achieved
  • weight: still no change - it's time to look carefully at what I'm eating and at my lifestyle in general to see where I need to tweak things

Comments

  1. Oh wow, your trellis looks fantastic on the fence, what a difference it has made, you must be thrilled to bits. I'm loving all your reasons to be cheerful, you are so upbeat. What a shame the central heating had to go back on after that beautiful weather but like you I'm grateful that we are warm and safe. Wow again at your garden it's so, so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's changed the feel of the garden completely and I am thrilled with it ... it looks better than I'd imagined.

      I try to stay positive and doing this type of post pushes me to look for all the things that have raised my spirits each week.

      The heating was a must! I don't 'do' cold, much preferring to be toasty warm. 😊

      Delete
  2. The trellis looks wonderful. Your whole garden looks as if it's had a 'make over'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. The new fencing made the garden look so different but the addition of the trellis had really lifted the look. I love it.

      Delete
  3. That trellis is amazing, wow, I'm very tempted to copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Joy! I'm imaging a wall of colour once all the climbing plants grown.

      Delete
  4. The whole garden looks so different with the trellises all along the fence! I love it! It's going to look even more amazing with the plants growing up them! Lovely post, Eileen, with lots of things to be cheerful and grateful about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and don't forget the fairy lights! The garden feels really different now and will, I hope, be a lovely place to relax.

      All the horrors of the war in Ukraine makes me appreciate my life even more.

      Delete
  5. That trellis looks absolutely fab and you have given me a good idea about the side of the garden with my neighbour's fencing (which I would not have chosen and, of course, I have the uglier side of it).
    I hope you don't mind if I copy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind as long as you share photos of whatever you decide to do! 😊 xx

      Delete
  6. Your whole garden looks stunning, the flowers and plants against the backdrop of the trellis, wow. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. It's working out to be better than I'd imagined!

      Delete
  7. Oooo, this keeps getting better and better. Loving the trellis. I would love to come there to sit in the sun once those clouds dissipate. And I'd even help you rearrange books if you find it too much of a burden - because I am self-less like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to help with the books ... just bring cake! 😂

      Delete
  8. Your garden looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the flowers climbing up the trellis...
    Enjoy the new books and have a nice week!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I'm excited about how it 'should' look this summer ... there will be photos! Hope you have a lovely week too. x

      Delete
  9. Blown away by those trellises! What a transformation. No wonder you're pleased. And I see now why it made such a difference that the patio guy was able to get them more cheaply; there are loads of them! Great that he could collect them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I'm more than pleased! Buying them this way I saved a stack of money and have bought better quality plus he didn't charge for delivery. The trellis is pressure treated and carry the same guarantee as the 10 fence panels. Just got to get the climbers to grow now!

      Delete
  10. The trellises are very impressive. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I've been looking for something similar, but freestanding, for where the arches were going to go and have found a couple of possibilities ... I'll share pictures in my next garden update post.

      Delete
  11. I love the trellis. They look great in the garden. It looks like a space that will be lovely to relax in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. For some reason it's made the garden feel more private even though lack of privacy has never been an issue. I've been working out where the seating areas will be today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts