Tuesday 5th April

95/365: raindrops on daffodils

It was quite a slow day for me yesterday, not intentionally, but I just couldn't get going. I think it was because I really wanted to sit and plan the new planting for this year but my conscience was telling me that I should be getting on with grown up stuff like sorting out the admin. In the end all I achieved on the admin stuff was to sort out the more urgent things - posting a birthday card and responding to a couple of emails - and the rest is still waiting to be done! However, a couple of hours flicking through the plant catalogues and some time online looking for alternatives to the arches was time well spent, in my opinion, and I now have a clearer idea in my mind of what I want the garden to look like ...  no details yet as that's for a garden post and probably won't be written until I've had a chat with M. 

On to today and L was supposed to come to lunch and stay for the afternoon but we both got confused about days and dates so she'll be here tomorrow instead. I suppose it means that I have no excuses for clearing the rest of the admin stuff so I guess that's what I'll be doing! The hanging basket brackets arrived yesterday so I'll ask S to fix them up for me when he has time and I still need to speak to his wife - although their home is attached to mine, it faces into a different street so I don't get to see her that often. 

Comments

  1. I go with my hearts, pretty much every time - unless there's an overwhelming reason for the other or a cut off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I do that really. I should have given up any pretence and just enjoyed choosing plants and dreaming! xx

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean when you say you can't get going, sometimes it's because the admin stuff feel s like a chore. Your plans for the garden are much more exciting. I hope you manage to clear your admin stuff today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the admin off this morning and it only took just over an hour. It just couldn't compete with the pleasure of garden planning but at least I can carry on doing that with a clear conscience now.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you can manage to switch back and forth between the admin stuff and plans for the garden - 15 mins. of admin, 15 mins. of garden planning. Would that work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished that admin now. There wasn't that much to do and it only took me just over an hour to finish it all - I was just making hard work of it, but it did involve some Expert Level Procrastination!

      Delete
  4. Adulting is harder some days isn't it. I think having an escape into a garden/plant book is a perfect way to bargain in those tasks (col). I checked yesterday, my daffodils have their little noses poking out of the ground by about an inch ... there's hope for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely is. Today I managed it without any problems at all!

      Great news about the daffs - those signs of spring are so exciting, especially for you after all that snow.

      Delete
  5. Lovely daffodils.

    I always seem to procrastinate getting things done - and pay for it later! I hope you manged to get everything done that you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm pleased to report that it's all ticked off on the list. I used to procrastinate all the time but am much better about tackling things now with just the odd wobble!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you've been keeping busy enough to mark time one day to catch your breath. I love the pic - lovely and bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. My mojo seems to have returned so I'm trying to get as much done as I can because it won't last!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts