Wednesday 27th April

117/365: nemesia

After a lot more of being passed from pillar to post with the tax office I eventually spoke to a lovely lady who understood my query and agreed that there was something very wrong. She is going to investigate and will be writing to me to confirm that my tax account has been corrected. I'll allow two weeks and will phone again if I don't hear anything - I have her name so now know who I'll need to speak to, although I'm feeling confident that she will do exactly what she has promised to do and everything will be fine. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon sorting in the garage with (many) breaks to sit in the garden and read. S moved the bench out of the garage for me and it's now back in its proper place behind the garage which can be a bit of a sun trap in the afternoon.  I got quite a lot done and have four big sacks of rubbish to take to the recycling yard.

Today is going to be a busy-ish day! It's nutrition club followed by my piano lesson this morning and this afternoon I need to do a couple of loads of washing and tidy the downstairs rooms plus a skip run to dispose of the rubbish from the garage. I also hope to be able to do a bit more sorting in the garage. I've now worked out where I want the storage so S is going to help me move things round tomorrow and then I'll be able to start putting everything away in its proper place. 

Comments

  1. That's a relief to speak to someone at the tax office who can sort your problem for you. At least now you have her name and can be put through to the correct department and person if need be. That sounds a lot of rubbish cleared from the garage and it will soon be a well organised space for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief and she sounded like she knows what she's doing so I'm hopeful she will sort it out properly.

      I'm being ruthless with a lot of the stuff from the garage and am not hanging on to it 'just in case '. It should make it easier to finish the sorting now I've cleared out so much.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got the right person at last.
    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Hopefully she will sort it out and it'll be an end to the problem. xx

      Delete
  3. A very pretty photo of your patio/garden. Yeah to getting more of the garage sorted out & double, triple yeah to getting through to a live person at the tax office & getting that tax problem sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I'm finding it so much easier to be ruthless with the stuff in the garage! It's not going to take too long to get it done . Fingers are crossed about the tax problem.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you got the tax sorted out. It must be a load off your mind. Your garden is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge relief that I found someone who understands what the problem is and is prepared to investigate. Hopefully it's straightforward from here.

      Delete
  5. As all the others have said, I'm glad you got through to someone at the tax office who will (hopefully), fix your problem! The garden is looking great with all the flowers! Now that the bench is back outside, you can enjoy sitting out in your garden. Well done on the garage clearing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm optimistic about the tax situation being sorted out. The temperature has dropped again so it's a bit too cold for me to sit outside ... hopefully it'll warm up again soon. The garage clearing is going well I hoping to have it finished by the end of next week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts