Monday 25th April

115/365: the last pot of tulips, ready to flower

I need to get on and sort out my photos for the various challenges. I know I've taken some for my own monthly challenge and they just need to be edited and cobbled together into a blog post, but I still have H's challenge to do. I originally said I would tackle both options - 'weather' or 'a day in the life' - but now I'm running out of time I think I stand more chance of finishing if I only do one. I'm thinking 'a day in the life' will be the easiest. I have until Friday to get the photos taken and edited, ready for a Zoom meetup on Friday evening when we'll all show our photos. I just need to think of some things to do that will make interesting subject matter for the photos. We either have to do 10 or 12 photos, I can't remember.

Before I can think about doing that I have to speak to HMRC. They have notified me of changes to my tax code again but the changes they have advised are incorrect so another long conversation is on the cards. I've already done this once and have their confirmation that the code was wrong (because they were vastly over estimating my income!) and now they appear to have done the same thing again with an even higher estimate of income. I have no idea where they are getting this additional income figure from, it would be lovely to actually receive it, but ... sadly, I'm not. Not a fun way to start of the week, but important and I don't want to put it off.

I'm bound to feel rather frazzled after that so will hopefully be able to get out for the rest of the day, maybe for a walk but at least for a drive to give the car a good run out. 

Comments

  1. I hope the tax stuff all goes smoothly. I wonder where they get their info from sometimes.
    Have a lovely day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I thought it had all been sorted but obviously I was being too optimistic! Hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you can get the tax stuff taken care of without any problems. Hope the rest of your day goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I haven't tried to phone them yet, it's still too early, but it's top of my list for today!

      Delete
  3. Would you believe it I'm having the same problems here with HMRC and my husband's tax code. I tried phoning them and was hanging on the phone for so long I gave up worried about the cost of my phone bill as it is a landline. Written to them twice, once in January and again in March no reply. Can't contact them online as I don't have the ID they require it's all very frustrating. Good luck, I hope you have more success than I have had. Good luck with your photo challenge too, seems it'll be a nice sunny day for your day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a nightmare and I do hope you can get it sorted soon. It's a difficult organisation to deal with so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally get my own problem sorted out today At the moment it's very overcast here and quite chilly, so I may opt for an indoor set of photos.

      Delete
  4. Dealing with any form of government can take all your energy & joy in one go. Hopefully a quick resolution & then a walk outdoors to revive your spirits. And if you have to wait long on the phone line, let's hope they have at least some pleasant music playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck! I didn't get it sorted so will be trying again tomorrow. The music was awful, just a few bars on a loop, designed I am sure to make you lose the will to live and to hang up. I spent some time in the garden today, walking around and enjoying being outside.

      Delete
  5. If it is any consolation I too have been trying in vain for a year to get some sense and a resolution from HMRC. It's frustrating and actually quite concerning. I dread to think what the country's taxes are like as a whole. Good luck with your issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs - dealing with taxes is stress central. Hope you have a great run uot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no how horrible! I hope you manage to get it sorted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful that it is being sorted now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts