Monday 18th April

108/365: narcissus hawera

Yesterday afternoon I just needed to rest my eyes for a few minutes respite from the flashing lights but woke up about seven hours later! I was half hoping that I'd still be able to sleep properly last night, but no such luck ... I was wide awake. I dozed for a bit around 3 am this morning but that was it and I was awake for the rest of the time. It's bound to catch up with me today but I'll try to keep going and settle for an early night.

Yesterday morning was filled with a flurry of phone calls and texts with family and friends and I now have a few more things added to the diary. I'm trying to get it so that I have at least one social thing to look forward to every week and as we move into the warmer months I plan to arrange at least one solo thing every week as well ... something that takes me out of the house. As I failed to arrange anything to celebrate Easter, I can see that I will have to push that little bit more to kickstart that aspect of life! Having said that, this week is a busy one socially as I am seeing Joy tomorrow, J on Wednesday, and will be going to see Sandi Toksvig with L on Thursday!

As for ongoing tasks to achieve goals this week, on the decluttering front I'm hoping to deliver all the books and sheet music to the library (but am still waiting on a date and time from them) and to list at least five more things for sale. On the 'eliminating the things I've been tolerating' goal I'll be looking around for some ideas to improve storage in the kitchen and bathrooms - I expect this will be done online and I won't be rushing as I want to get it right this time.

If the forecast is correct we can expect rain every day for the next eleven days, but it should be dry and sunny this morning so I will be out and about looking for some more photos for my monthly challenges.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the disrupted sleep pattern, but, hopefully, you'll be able to have an early night to catch up on your sleep! Sounds like you are making progress on having more social activities to engage in! That's a lot of rain in your forecast! I hope you are able to go out and enjoy the sunny morning! Have you a list of rainy day activities to enjoy when it will be too wet to go out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave in and slept for a couple of hours this morning so am hoping that I still manage to sleep properly tonight.

      It seems to be all or nothing with the social activities. I'm trying to spread future things out a bit so that I always have something to look forward to but unfortunately, Covid is still affecting things and we seem to be continually rescheduling because of it. I suppose it will get easier as we move into the warmer months when it'll be possible to meet outdoors.

      It'll probably just be April showers. That was the forecast when I checked during the night but it had changed by this morning and it looks like we'll have a couple to clear days in there somewhere. Yes, I have rainy day activities to keep me out of mischief!

      Delete
  2. I haven't checked our forecast today yet but it's rather muggy and cloudy right now so I wouldn't be surprised if rain was somewhere in the offing.

    It sounds like you have a lovely week planned. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to this week and am keeping everything crossed that nothing happens to upset the plans. xx

      Delete
  3. I didn't know rain was forecast for the next eleven days but at least it has been lovely for the Easter weekend. I hope you can get your sleep pattern back to normal today and enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast has updated since I checked last night and now there are some sunny days thrown in the mix. I think the rain will be showers rather than continual downpour so it'll do the garden good at least!

      I can usually turn my sleep pattern round quite quickly so I'm hopeful that I can sort this latest blip out easily. Thanks, I'm looking forward to this week. xx

      Delete
  4. I agree it's so important at this stage to have things indoors & outdoors with or without people to keep up our spirits. We have a forecast of 8cm of snow this afternoon! I'm almost tempted to go cover up my rising spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow! Again! That's not good. I hope the forecast is wrong and there's no sign of the horrible white stuff.
      I'm still testing the waters, so to speak, in meeting with friends in person. Sometimes I find it easy and other times I have to really push myself to honour the arrangements I've previously been happy to make. I'm hoping that the more I do it, the easier it will get.

      Delete
    2. Eileen I hear that. I'm still not comfortable with indoor met ups yet & I've got a few family members that are less than kind about that. For the most part my friends get that so we meet outdoors. The waste water testers are saying that it looks like COVID peaked over the Easter weekend ... let's hope. It's cold & everything points to not missing the snow; thankfully I've left all my roses covered in their little winter huts. It's April & anything weather wise is possible :)

      Delete
    3. I've been meeting with friends indoors but usually only seeing one person at a time. The thought of being in a group is just too much so am avoiding that for now. I'm going to the theatre on Thursday so time will tell how I cope with that!

      Delete
  5. I hope that you get some decent sleep.

    Reading how you are deliberately making the most of your time and deliberately going out and doing things is very inspiring to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been sleeping for a good part of the day, so I'm hoping tonight isn't a repeat of last night.

      I glad it helps you in some way. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow - that must have meant that you needed the sleep. It's horrible that it messed everything up though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad to get back to a decent sleep pattern. Hopefully it won't take too long to turn it around.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts