Monthly Photo Challenge: Beginning with 'H'

The theme for March was 'Beginning with H'. 

92/365: a hedgehog

Handle House - where they dried the teasels used in the cloth mills


 a horse made from Meccano


a heffalump 


hearts


the note we know as a B is known as an H in Germany


the Deathly Hallows symbol


a Hogwarts keyring


a Hufflepuff pencil


the Hogwarts crest


hassocks


marble hands in prayer on a tomb


heraldic shield on a tomb


hymn books


holly

The challenge is to take photos on the set theme; the photos must be taken during the month (no archive photos), a minimum of five photos but no there's no upper limit, and there will be a new theme every month. The theme for April is 'Spring' and I'll post a linky at the end of the month  Have fun! 

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the March challenge. Here's the linky  .... please link to your challenge post, not just to your blog.

Comments

  1. What a lovely wide ranging set of photos. Harry Potter seems to inspire a lot of H items! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy ... I may have rather a lot of Harry Potter items! xx

      Delete
  2. Those are some great finds, Eileen! My favorite is the hedgehog! Love the heffalump, too! :D I'll link my post as soon as I publish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless.

      I'm glad you like the fluffy hedgehog - that was my 40th birthday greeting card from Ced and the heffalump was a gift from my sister 😊

      Delete
  3. What a fascinating selection of photos,you've done well. That handle house is amazing and I've looked it up as I have an interest in the woollen and cotton industries of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The Handle House has always fascinated me and I'm glad you like it. The woollen trade was a big part of Trowbridge history - I'll be adding some posts about it during the summer which you may find interesting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh, definitely a heffalump, and not just any heffalump ... it's a very special one!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant choices. I love the handle house - never heard of such a thing. Very interesting. Have you seen inside? Fave pics include the hands, hassocks, hymn books and of course that adorable hedgehog. (Three hedgehog opportunities I missed, two unknowingly - kicking myself!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been inside the Handle House a couple of times, once on a school trip and once when it was opened for a Heritage Open Day.

      I was pleased to find the hands and the hassocks!

      Delete
  6. Lots of fun H finds. I find the Handle House interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-lou. The Handle House is fascinating. I never knew the importance of it when I was a child. It wasn't until I did a school project on the cloth trade in the town that I realised how unique it actually is.

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos again! I really like the depth of field you got in them. My favourite has to be the hedgehog just because I collect them (stuffed) and they remind me of happy childhood times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. How many hedgehogs do you have and do they need all have names?

      Delete
  8. A wonderful selection of pics. I loved the hedgehog - such an invite for a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa, he's lovely and fluffy but a bit too small for a decent cuddle - he's only about 4 inches tall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts