Tuesday 12th April

102/365: the hanging basket brackets are in position

The best laid plans and all that! Yesterday ended up being nothing at all like I'd planned but still good, and plenty was achieved.

For a start, the weather was just not right for the photos I wanted to take. I was really wanting the extremes of bright sunshine and heavy rain but it was just dull and overcast so I'll try again another day. I think one of the others may have asked for more time as the deadline has been extended to the end of the month, so the pressure is off for now.

It was probably just as well I hadn't gone out as neighbour S texted me to say he'd made the workbench for my garage. I'm nowhere near ready in clearing the space so he has fitted it in for now and will help with the reorganising once I've finished sorting through everything. Again, the pressure is off for now so I will probably leave it until the weather is warmer. He also fitted the brackets for the four hanging baskets and he moved the pots back to their correct position. I swept the patio later on, after I'd taken the photo, so it all looks tidy for now.

I was able to finish of the meal planning and shopping list and picked up a few bits from the list when I popped to one of the smaller Tesco stores to use the cash point. I can finish of the rest of the shopping later in the week. Then the best bit of the day ... I placed orders for a couple of climbing plants and also for a couple of cardigans for the summer. I think I've also decided on the trellis planters (to replace the arches) and the replacement garden furniture although I need to save up a bit before I can order them.

Today is hopefully going to be a quiet day. I feel very tired all the time so I'm aiming for a relaxing day - it may be time to see my doctor again and see if my tablets need tweaking. G will be here to cut my hair this morning which will leave the rest of the day for relaxing and doing whatever I fancy. 

Comments

  1. I said it was dangerous reading those plant catalogues, your outside space is looking really good and with summer colour it will be a perfect place to sit. I often look for things on our local Facebook marketplace, ours is an established garden so new things tend to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed strong though and only ordered the two climbers I definitely need. The rest of my list is waiting until I've spoken to M, hopefully tomorrow but I won't be ordering any of that just yet. 😊

      I've been looking on Marketplace but there's nothing of interest there just yet.

      Delete
  2. It was not nice weather here yesterday, very windy and then it rained and was a very grey day and it's raining again today just now. I think extending the deadline for your photo challenge is a good idea as apparently the weather is set to improve by the end of this week. Your neighbour is very kind in all that he does to help you, what a treasure he is. I hope you have a relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been much the same and it looks like it's set in for the next few days. I'm relieved to have more time to sort out the photos although I wouldn't be surprised if I end up leaving it all to the last minute! Yes, he is very kind and I really appreciate all of his help.

      Delete
  3. Your patio looks so lovely ... all those plans coming to a finishing point & your neighbour so kindly to help in those plans :) Cannot wait to hear more about the trellis to replace the arches.

    I hope you feel better & more rested later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I'm a lot further forward with the garden thanks to my neighbour's help. I wasn't expecting to be considering the new climbers until much later but they're on order and due in 2 - 3 weeks ... it's exciting. I want to speak to M on Thursday and then I'll have a clearer idea taking account of her advice ... and then I'll do the garden update post. 😊

      Delete
  4. Your patio looks so lovely and flat, I walk with care on mine! Love your colourful pots, the weather here was lovely over the weekend but chilly here yesterday and a bit damp today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it is completely flat thankfully. A few of the slabs aren't - you can see what I mean in the bottom right hand corner of today's photo, just by the pot.

      We're currently swapping the pots around and eventually I won't have any of the unglazed terracotta ones. I've decided to go for the coloured ones to brighten things up.

      It's been cold and rainy today and I think tomorrow will be the same. Roll on warmer days!

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking great and it will look even greater with the hanging planters and new climbers in place! Maybe you can take a photo of the weather on the hour for 10 hours and record how it changes or does not change! I'm sorry to read that you have been feeling tired; hope you can get some rest and feel less tired, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. M came today and we agreed the next lot of planting ...just a couple more climbers for now until we can see how everything is growing.

      That's another good suggestion. Both you and Mary-Lou have given me great ideas to make the challenge workable.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you were quite busy. Hope you manage to get some resting in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was plenty of time for resting ☺️

      Delete
  7. Sending hugs. It sounds like you are keeping remarkably busy so no wonder that you're feeling a little tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting old! Time to admit I can't do as much as I used to. 😏

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts