Wednesday 13th April

103/365: raindrops on the spirea
 

I contacted the local library to see if they would accept any of the books I want to pass on and also asked if they would take any of the sheet music. Their response was a swift and positive "yes please"; if the novels are recent publications in good condition they will add them to their stock and make them available for loan and any that don't meet their standards will be retained to be sold in their next book sale. They will also accept all of the sheet music on behalf of one of their Performing Arts branches. I'm delighted, so today will pack everything up and arrange a date to deliver it.

I'm not feeling 100% (nothing serious and definitely not Covid) so will continue to take it easy. It's the nutrition club at 10 am but I can't remember what the topic is so I'll listen to the start of it but may not bother with the full session. That should be followed by my piano lesson but it's the school holidays so there is no lesson today ... I'll probably use that time for some extra practice. There's nothing else in the diary so I will finish listing the things I'd like done in the garden. M should be here tomorrow afternoon (although she hasn't confirmed yet) and I'd like to chat about my plans for this year with her. 

Comments

  1. That's great that the books and sheet music can go to the library. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It is good news because in some way the library system will benefit, either by adding books/music to their stock or by using the cash if they sell any of it to buy new books.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that the library will accept the books and the sheet music! I'm sorry you aren't feeling too well, Eileen; I hope you will be able to rest and feel better. If not, perhaps a phone call to your doctor's office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with their reply and feel it's a good way to dispose of both the books and the music.

      Thanks, I won't let it go on too long and will phone the doctor if necessary don't worry.

      Delete
  3. I really like this photo, beautiful foliage colour & the rain drops. This photo would be perfect for note cards or calendar page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and I do hope you will feel better very quickly. The colours in that photo are stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm taking good care of myself, don't worry. I love the colour of the spireas, they're beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are able to declutter more things. Hubby was on holiday last week and we sold another large box of books to Ziffit, 3 boxes of books to our local charity shop and on Sunday he fetched some boxes down from the loft. So another 2 boxes of things to go to the charity shop next time we go there. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, be kind to yourself and take it easy. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I'm not planning to do very much at all. It's a relief to find this way of disposing of the sheet music as this, together with the books, means that another big chunk of stuff will be leaving the house next week. Well done on your own efforts, you've managed to declutter loads.

      Delete
  6. I'd not have thought of offering books/music to the library! Definitely something to bear in mind. Yes great photo ... and as all your other mummies have said, look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happened to see an article on Facebook where the local library mentioned accepting donations of books so I wrote to see if they were interested in the ones I had and also asked if they were interesting in any of the wind band arrangements and recorder consort sheet music I used when I was teaching. It's a huge help that they will accept everything I want to get rid of.

      Thanks re the photo and yes, I am looking after myself .... thank you Mummy!

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! Glad the library would take them. I'm really sad that our library isn't accepting any donations right now. It's the place I would like to give books to. Sigh. I just can't hold onto them any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do you have any of the online bookseller depots in your area, like World Books or Abe Books, as they accept donations of books.

      Delete
  8. Sending hugs and I hope that you savour your rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts