Friday 15th April

105/365: narcissus hawera

I threw all the plant catalogues away yesterday ... I don't need that sort of temptation in the house! It's time to let things grow and then see what gaps, if any, need to be filled. I am trying to be grown up about this decision! Of course, there's still the summer annuals to buy but I'll probably get them locally and it's still a bit too early to think about that. 

I don't really have much to say today. I watched the Indian cookery class yesterday and think I have all the ingredients to try the recipe, Rajma Massala (a Punjabi kidney bean curry), though I will have to use tinned kidney beans if I do want to cook it for tonight's meal. Today, it's the usual nutrition focus and I think the topic is nutrition for mood, mind and season. I'm not sure that I'll bother with it though. 

It is Good Friday but I haven't arranged anything special for today but some of my family will probably be out watching the start of the Devizes to Westminster canoe race - it's one of their traditions. I fancy going to the cinema but think that the big screen may be more difficult to watch than the TV, so I am fighting the urge! To make up for it I'll put together an afternoon tea for myself, but with hot cross buns instead of scones, and then curl up with a book and lose myself in the story.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about the plant catalogues. Gardens have a habit of surprising us, don't they? I thought my lavender was dead, bought one to replace it and, surprise, the 'dead' one is sending up spring growth! Oh, well, one can always do with another lavender!!

    Your day sounds lovely and I'm sure it will be great. Happy Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too tempted by all the different plants for sale. It's one thing I don't seem to have the willpower to resist! I thought my fuchsias were dead but M spotted tiny bits of new growth so they have earned a reprieve ... I hope they make it!

      Happy Easter to you too xx

      Delete
    2. My fuchsias take ages to start showing new growth each year but they are always beautiful by late summer. I'm sure yours will be the same.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I actually don't allow plant catalogues in the house at all! I recently purchased a lilac bush online from T&M, and now they keep bombarding me with temptations, I'm going to have to unsubscribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with buying online from any of the plant suppliers. I've had the same problem in the past. Is the lilac for the front or back of the house?

      Delete
  3. Afternoon tea with hot cross buns sounds nice, I haven't bought any but I think I will go and get some as my friend is calling this evening. Happy Easter Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treated myself to M&S ones this time, a pack of the usual ones and a pack of cheesy ones ... just to see what they are like, of course!

      Happy Easter to you too xx

      Delete
  4. I love today's photo! As the poet said, "A host of golden daffodils"! So pretty!

    Too funny about throwing away all the plant catalogs! :D

    I hope you enjoy the kidney bean curry. I like your plans to have afternoon tea with hot cross buns instead of scones! Have a lovely day, Eileen, and enjoy your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. They look very pretty but also a bit crowded in the pot so they may be moved to one of the flower beds for next year.

      I'm trying to be sensible and not buy any more plants just yet, it's just so tempting though!

      The kidney bean curry is cooked and in the fridge as I always prefer it on the second day. I tried a spoonful though and I do like it so will be making it again. I'm looking forward to afternoon tea, but there's a while to wait for that so I'll be having a bacon sandwich soon, to keep me going for now.

      Delete
  5. My late mother would only ever allow us to eat Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday. She would never allow us to touch them any other day. I hope you had some good rest and enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As children, we never had them before Good Friday ... Mum used to make ours but there were always plenty to last up to Easter Monday.

      Yes thanks, I've had a lovely restful day x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts