Friday 8th April

98/365: trying out ideas for H's photography challenge

Fixing up the brackets for the hanging baskets had to be postponed again. We agreed a time and of course it started pouring down so we'll try again on another day. I know that M, the gardener, isn't that fond of hanging baskets but I like them so they are here to stay! I've ordered the plants for them with delivery scheduled for mid May ... details in the next gardening update.

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day. I watched the demo of Gobi Aloo in the online Indian cookery class and it's yet another recipe to try out. If I make it to the shops today I'll buy a cauliflower so I can make it over the weekend. Apart from that I spent about an hour in the garage, tidying some of the gardening stuff on the existing shelves in the corner. As much as anything I'm trying to get an idea of exactly what I need in the way of storage and also to work out how to make best use of the space moving forward.

I spent the entire afternoon playing the piano. Managing to play the tricky part perfectly in Wednesday's lesson was definitely a fluke! Yesterday there was no sign of any competency with that part at all, so I'm back to square one and am working through it slowly bar by bar. I didn't intend to practice for that long but I was obviously in the zone as I didn't notice the time passing at all.

Today it's the nutrition focus, looking at a nutritionist's food planning/diary ... I have a feeling that this will be vastly different to my own meal planning efforts. It should be interesting though. If it stays dry I'm hoping to do a bit of shopping afterwards, mainly fresh fruit and vegetables, but I can manage without if it's raining. I'll get the Italian and piano practices out of the way first thing and then I plan to devote the rest of my time to some family tree research.

Comments

  1. Ooh this weather, it's so cold and wet and windy. It's a shame you had to postpone the fixing of the brackets for the hanging baskets. I didn't go out either and devoted my time to family tree research, another pastime where the time really flies by without you noticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least there's plenty of time before the plants for the hanging baskets arrives so there must be a dry day within those next four weeks to get the brackets sorted ... surely!

      I'm glad I'm not the only one to get completely absorbed in the family tree research ... the time really does fly and I always find it difficult to stop, just saying I'll do one more search for XYZ and then find that another hour has passed!

      Delete
  2. Oh, please, send me some of that rain and I will send you some of my sunny, dry, 99F weather, in return! :D I hope you can get the hanging plant brackets up soon! Sounds like you are making great progress in your garage. I have to admit I haven't done anything in my garage, yet, this month!
    I hope you have a nice, sunny day in which to do your grocery shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a deal ... I'll work out how to get it to you! 😂

      He's hoping to fix up the brackets this afternoon so fingers crossed that it stays dry ... it's looking promising so far. I haven't really done much in the garage myself yet though my BiL taking the excess pots has helped a lot. There's still loads to do though.

      Shopping had been abandoned for today as J has offered to bring some fruit and veg on her way past this afternoon, so that will save me a trip into town.

      Delete
  3. I like your rain photo. You will ace the challenge H has set. Hopefully S will get those hanging brackets up today for you. I like projects or activities that have me forget time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-lou. I tried out a few idea to see if they work and I'll do my proper photos over the weekend.

      It's looking promising for the brackets so fingers are crossed that the weather continues to cooperate.

      Interestingly, I've noticed that since I've been avoiding TV (because of my eye problems) I get much more absorbed in whatever I choose to do and I don't notice the time passing. x

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Too bad the rain, because the gardener can't put the baskets, but the effect on the window is beautiful! I loved the photo.
    I wish you to go about doing your thing as planned.
    I take this opportunity to wish you an excellent weekend.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. There's bound to be a dry day soon and then the brackets will be fixed up so I'm okay to wait. I'm glad you like the photo.

      I hope you have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  5. I used to play my piano for hours, and loved it, I played for assemblies in school so had to keep up but I enjoyed playing... we've had rain here too and hail stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame you can't do that now ... playing the piano brings such joy to my life. Thankfully we escaped the hail stones!

      Delete
  6. I agree with Mary-Lou - you will ace the challenge, both of them. Shall we be seeing the submissions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Yes, I will share the challenge photos.

      Delete
  7. Love the photo! I took some like that when we went to the lakeshore one rainy day. It was too wet to get out so I took photos through the car window of the lighthouse. I really liked how they turned out.

    It sounds like you had quite a productive day. Glad you managed the piano piece. Your new piano is getting lots of use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I was playing around with different ways to photograph the weather and was pleased with some of the results, including this one.

      Yes, the piano is used every day and I glad I bought it. It's so much nicer to play than my old one was.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts