Monday 11th April

101/365: the last of the summer snowflakes for this year

It turned out to be a quiet weekend. I couldn't cope with the bright sunshine so chose to stay indoors and didn't really do that much - piano practice both days, a little on the family tree on Saturday and on Sunday was spent reading and napping!

Today the forecast is promising a mix of sunshine, showers and strong winds so I will attempt the weather photography challenge. I've listed a few different ideas for photographing the different conditions but not enough to cover the ten photos required for the challenge so I'll see what I come up with. I don't plan to stray too far from home as I have the choice of my garden as well as the canal, the river, the woods, and the landscaped pathways, all within a short distance from my front door so I should hope to be able to cobble together a good selection. Of course I could regret saying that but I'll see how it goes!

I'm also hoping to tweak my food planning and sort out a shopping list, ready for a shopping trip and some batch cooking tomorrow, and if I can summon up the energy, will attempt a bit more sorting in the garage.

Comments

  1. I thought summer snowflakes flowered in the summer! By the way, did you ever figure out what that tiny white flower was (the one we thought looked like a summer snowflake, but, had the wrong type of leaves and stem?)

    Sounds like you have a good day for your weather photos! Hope you'll be able to take enough photos for the challenge!

    Good luck with the meal planning and making out a shopping list. :) Don't overdo things, especially with the garage cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They flower from mid spring and are actually dormant by the summer! No I didn't identify the mystery plant. If it appears again next year I'll use a plant identification app.

      Fingers are crossed for the photos. It's dry but dull at the moment so I need the weather to 'do' something to get the sort of photos photos I want!

      Thanks re the meal planning. I'm actually feeling tired and achey today so definitely won't be overdoing things out in the garage.

      Delete
  2. The sunshine has been bright but it's still cold out so better off indoors. I hope the weather is just right today and will enable you to take the photos for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It's still dry but dull here at the moment so not very inspiring for any photos! It's supposed to rain this afternoon so I might have more luck then.

      Delete
  3. Pretty floral Snowflakes. If the weather doesn't do much other than being dull, or sunny, maybe, just a suggestion to take photos of how that makes you feel as the sun rays light up across your books or piano, or new fencing if the dullness keeps things darken, how things don't sparkle at their best ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great suggestion. It's given me a few ideas so many thanks.

      Delete
  4. You have been really busy recently. I'm glad that you're having a quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting old ... it catches up with me every now and then 😏

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts