Thursday 7th April

97/365: the 'before' picture of the garage!

Everything was ticked off on the list yesterday except for the brackets for the hanging baskets ... it was pouring down so they've been left for another day. I was half expecting it to be a manic day with people all turning up at the same time but it actually worked out well. BiL came just after 9:30 am and loaded his car with the pots so he was gone in time for me to watch the Nutrition Club. Then it was straight on to my piano lesson which actually went so much better than I was expecting -  the thing I'd been struggling with all week actually came together in the lesson and I played it perfectly!

L arrived just after 1:00 pm and brought heavy rain with her so there was no chance of S fixing up the brackets in those conditions. She stayed all afternoon and we had a good natter and added dates to our diaries ... we're taking our first step back to normality and have bought tickets to see Sandi Toksvig in Bath later this month. 

H's challenge isn't an Easter themed one so I have no need to buy any chocolate! There's a choice of taking at least 10 photos to document what I do in one day or taking at least 10 photos to document the weather in one day ... I may do both of them and ideally I'd like to go out for the day in the hope of getting some interesting photos but the weather forecast isn't looking too good for the next week. She's arranged another Zoom meeting for next Tuesday and that's when we'll all show our photos so I have plenty of time to work out what to do.

Today the only thing in the diary is the Indian Cookery at 1pm, so I will spent an hour or so out in the garage making a start on sorting out the mess.

Comments

  1. Sounds like everything worked out very smoothly! Glad your piano lesson went so well. It's lovely when the piece comes together nicely, isn't it? Sounds like you had a good visit with your friend. I like the idea of 10 photos to document what you do in one day! 10 photos to document the weather is good, too, especially if you have a lot of weather changes during the day!
    Thank you for posting your garage "before" photo! Lots of garden related items, I see. But, not a lot of boxes of odds and ends stacked everywhere! Looking forward to seeing the cleaned up garage with the new storage shelves, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything worked out well, especially the piano lesson ... one of those moments when when brain and fingers worked together instead of fighting against each other!

      I've done the documenting a day before but using 12 photos and I always enjoyed doing it, so this may give me a push to get back to doing it again. I'll try the weather one as well but it'll need changeable weather to get some variations in the images.

      It is mainly garden stuff in the garage as I don't have a shed. There are a few boxes to sort through and there's also stuff up in the rafters (which you can't see in the photo) which I want to clear. There will be photos to show progress and the end result but, as long as S has room to build the storage, I'm not rushing to sort through the rest so it could take some time. My priority is to finishing clearing in the house first.

      Delete
  2. That's good that your day worked out well. Documenting the weather in 10 photos one day sounds quite the challenge, what a shame no chocolate Easter eggs will be involved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all flowed smoothly for once which was great.

      I've been thinking of ways to make the weather one interesting but haven't settled on a solution yet. We only have to do one of the options and I know I can easily do the photo documenting of a day but I'd like to try the weather one as well if I can. We all mentioned chocolate eggs but H doesn't eat chocolate so it had occurred to her to include it in the challenge!

      Delete
    2. Sound like a good day was had. I like H's challenge for you, but I still think chocolate would be necessary in case of bad weather which would help you cope with it. Now that the pots are gone from the garage, the patio cleaned so the patio set can go out, what's next to tackle in the garage?

      Delete
    3. That's a really good idea for including the chocolate ... thanks!

      There are still pots in the garage - the ones for the summer annuals and as they come out to the patio the blue ones with the spring bulbs will go in. The patio set isn't going out yet. I may be swapping it for something more suitable or alternatively, selling it. It's cast aluminium so very lightweight and gets shifted about when we have the strong winds. The final straw was when one of the chair was blown against the glass in the French doors.

      The next thing is to deal with the pieces of unwanted furniture that are in there as that will clear the biggest space. Also the studio lighting kits will be moved indoors for the time being, and I will start looking through the boxes to see if there is anything that I can deal with quickly and easily. There are a couple of boxes of engineering stuff which a friend will deal with for me because I have no idea what everything is! Oh, and all the tools to sort through as well.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a fun photography project. I bet seeing Sandy will be fun. I always enjoy watching her. She is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H has come up with good ideas for the projects and I'll enjoy having a go at them.

      I've seen Sandi Toksvig before and am looking forward to seeing her on stage again. I've liked all of her TV appearances and think she's a genuinely funny person.

      Delete
  4. It sounds frantic. I feel it important to mention that it is always necessary to buy chocolate, even if it isn't part of a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I think you're right and chocolate has been added to my shopping list 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts