A Garden Update

91/365: the pots are back where they belong!

It needs another 24 hours (at least) for the pointing to go off and then the patio can swept. Neighbour S has insisted that he will do it for me as it's not as easy as it sounds and he is worried that it will be too much of a strain on my eyes ... I'm not going to argue about it and am grateful to accept all the help I can get! 

So that's stage one of the garden plan ticked off and the next stage is to install the support for the climbing plants. I initially wanted wooden trellis on every fence panel but the cost of that much good quality pressure treated trellising was prohibitive so I changed tack and settled on metal trellis on three of the fence panels and support wires on all the other panels. However, following a conversation with R and S yesterday and taking R's advice, I'm now back to my initial plan and am going for the full size wooden trellis on every fence panel as R is supplying it at trade price which is so much cheaper than the online prices I was looking at. He will collect them tomorrow so that saves on delivery charges (he has to go to the timber yard anyway to pick up the materials he needs for his next job) and S will fit them for me. I'm not sure when S will fit all the trellis but at least one panel, the one by the rapidly growing clematis, will go up as soon as possible. At the same time he'll fix the new hanging basket brackets. 

I'll wait until that's all installed before I think about the arches. The ones I've seen from an online supplier are metal but I'm now having second thoughts about them. I still want arches but am wondering if wooden ones will be more in keeping with the rest of the garden. Whichever I choose, I won't be buying them until June at the earliest so I have plenty of time to make up my mind ... which means that I can now start making decisions on which annuals I want this year. I've texted M (the gardener) to ask when she can start back.  

Comments

  1. The patio is looking good, especially with the pots of flowers back in their places! I think the fence will look great with trellises all along! I'm glad that R is able to get them at a lower cost for you and neighbor S will install them for you (and sweep the patio, as well). You have a very good neighbor, there! :) I love how your garden is coming together for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. R has bought the trellis for less than half the price I would have paid if I'd bought them online so I've saved enough money to be able to buy a new water butt and put towards the cost of this year's annuals. S is brilliant and I really do appreciate all that he does for me.

      Delete
  2. Your patio looks great and the pots back in place. You have a wonderful neighbour helping you like he does. It'll be good having your gardener back and seeing all your plans for the garden come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. S is so generous with his time and he's always so quick to offer help ... I've never had to ask him, he always offers. M hasn't responded to my text message yet so I hope she is okay.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely and will be full of colour by summer, the wooden trellis will look much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I agree that the wooden trellis will look much better. R is delivering it tonight so it won't be long before it's fixed in position.

      Delete
  4. R sounds like a wonderful gift from The Universe; how wonderful that you are able to go with the preferred plan for the trellises. I wonder if he'll have a workable solution for the arches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both R and S have been a tremendous help and I'm really happy to now be able to afford the trellis I wanted. I've been looking at wooden arches but none of the ones I've seen are suitable, so I may be able to afford something bespoke ... still at the planning stage though.

      Delete
  5. It will look amazing when it's finished. It's looking pretty good now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. The trellis was delivered this afternoon and S will fix it up by the end of next week. I'll take some more photos when it's done.

      Delete
  6. Oh it looks fantastic. It will be quite the little paradise when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. There's definitely a different feel to the garden now the new fence is in place.

      Delete
  7. It's coming along lovely. I really like the pots of flowers. The daffs look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a lot different now (Saturday) as the trellis has been fixed on each fence panel. It's starting to come together. The daffs were lovely this year ... they've given me a lot of pleasure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts