Friday 29th April

119/365: Mexican fleabane

Thursdays aren't going to be the same for a few months as we said our goodbyes to Monica yesterday. I'm going to really miss the Indian cookery class but the good news is that she is hoping to return in the autumn and in the meantime will do her best to keep in touch with us on the group's Facebook page. It never ceases to delight me that my virtual friends, and I'm including all of you in that, are such an important part in my life.   

I managed to do everything on my list except for the garage - I can't do much more until the storage units are moved around and I didn't see S at all yesterday to ask for his help. I always catch him when he's in his garage or I can hear him in the garden rather than phoning or knocking on their door and I think they may have been out for the day. Hopefully he'll be around today or tomorrow instead.

M should be here to carry on whipping the garden into shape this morning. We agreed on this date and she said she'd confirm but hasn't so she may be here or maybe not! There's not a lot for her to do this time, just a bit of weeding in the front garden, the new clematis to plant, and maybe moving/replanting two of the nemesias, so if she's up for it I'll ask her to help with emptying and cleaning the rest of the flower pots so I can free up a bit more space in the garage.

That's about it for today. I may pop into town for some more fruit but it's not essential and I can manage until next week if I don't feel like it, so the day is mostly free to do whatever I fancy! 

Comments

  1. It sounds like a really nice day to me. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, it's been another productive day!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that our virtual friends are important. Hopefully S will be available to help you in the garage and I expect M will be happy to help if she turns up. It would be easy for her to forget to confirm the date if she's busy. Enjoy your day however it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, S was able to help move the storage and M turned up to do the garden, so everything went according to plan 😊

      Delete
  3. I agree about virtual friends & sometimes they are more reliable too! If M shows up today I wonder if she can help move the storage units for you?? I'm hoping the weather warms up so I can be in the garden. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M did show up and so did neighbour S so everything is sorted. I spent a couple of hours outdoors when M was here but it was too cold to sit outside just to read ... I had a big thick fleece on to keep me warm. I hope you managed to get out in your garden x

      Delete
  4. I hope you can bask in the lack of stuff to do. You are really sorting out the garden. And it's great to catch up with friends, no matter how they are made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to a time when all the decluttering is over and done with but I don't know how I'll fill my days ... I will have to find some more hobbies! The garden is looking good, but that's all down to M's hard work. Friends are such an important part of life, aren't they.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts