Monday 6th June

157/365: the first cosmos flower!

It's been a lovely Platinum Jubilee weekend and, despite the changes imposed by friends contracting Covid, I've enjoyed every single minute of it. But all good things come to an end, the celebrations are over and it's back to normality today.

So, normality today means housework, shopping, piano and Italian practice sessions, and a walk. I've already done my knee strengthening exercises. I've been awake since just after 4 o'clock despite not going to bed until midnight, so I'm fairly sure I'll need a nap or two to get through the day! It sounds a lot when I list it like that but the housework won't take too long (45 mins) and I will get that done as soon as I've had my breakfast - hoovering and dusting upstairs, then make a start on wiping down all the paintwork. The shopping (60 mins) is to pick up all the stuff I need for this week's tasks to correct/eliminate the things I've been tolerating for too long but I should be finished and back home with time to fit in the practice sessions (45 mins) well before lunch time. 

I'll do my daily walk this afternoon but first I'll phone J to see if she's free to come with me. She's been poorly (not Covid) so I haven't seen her for ages and it'll be good to catch up ... hopefully we'll be able to meet up soon if she can't come out to play this afternoon. The diary is looking a bit empty so I'll need to make the time to contact a few people and make some more arrangements to make sure I have a few things to look forward to. 

Comments

  1. The Jubilee celebrations have been brilliant although I had to record the Pageant yesterday but will that watch today. I was planning on going to a party in the park yesterday but it rained all morning and didn't stop until 2pm so that may not have gone ahead anyway. You may need to catch up with those zzzzs today hopefully you will get all your jobs done and enjoy your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... the celebrations have been brilliant and I've enjoyed watching them. The weather spoiled lots of events on Sunday but at least it held off for the Pageant, though a shame about your party in the park.

      I had to have a couple of naps to get me through the day!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty two tone pink cosmos. I am pleased to report that my self seeded cosmos are growing & I should have a bumper crop! Isn't it wonderful that you have housework down to a 45 minute routine. My housekeeping & that schedule is quickly put aside when the weather is good so I can get the more pleasurable gardening tasks done. My tolerance task this weekend was to hand sew a repair to a pillowcase, took all of 10 minutes & yet I let it bug me for weeks, but as I was sitting watching some of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations I combined the two. I was smiling so much I hardly noticed I was doing a task (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm restricting housework tasks to a maximum of an hour on the days I choose to do it! I'm concentrating on the simple fixes on the list of tolerance tasks and am a bit annoyed with myself for not addressing a lot of it much sooner ... it does make a difference to how I feel and the more I eliminate, the better I am feeling.

      Photos of your cosmos when they flower, please!

      Delete
  3. It's nice to get back to normal again, I think. I hope J is feeling well enough to enjoy a walk with you later. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to get back to my normal routine. I'm not seeing J until tomorrow, but thanks anyway. xx

      Delete
  4. It was a lovely weekend, wasn't it? So nice to see people enjoying themselves and getting along, being part of history. I was a little wistful not having a community in which to celebrate but I enjoyed watching it on the television and did at least make a jubilee cake which I shared with parents. I feel a wee bit flat today! :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant weekend and I liked the variety of events. I know what you mean about being part of a community to celebrate with but I actually enjoyed the TV programmes. I hear you about feeling a bit flat ... same here.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cosmos flower! I don't seem to have any cosmos come up, this year. But, that's OK; I'll enjoy looking at your flower, instead. :)
    Oh, my! I hope your afternoon included a nice long nap to catch up on your sleep!
    Sounds like you'll have a busy, productive day! I'm kind of dragging, today; maybe I, too, need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, there'll be lots of photos of cosmos this year so no worries on that front. Yes, I had to give in and had a couple of naps as well as an early night. I'm sure a nap will help you ... a nap is always a good idea!

      Delete
  6. It looked like fun was had at the weekend celebrations. It's been a tough couple of years so it was nice seeing everyone celebrating like that. I hope your friends feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It was a fun weekend and it was good to see so many people having a good time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts