Wednesday 1st June

152/365: fuchsia Dark Eyes, partially opened first flower 
 

Yesterday was a productive day. I cleared most of the tasks on my list but didn't go out for my daily walk. It was wet and cold (only 17°C in the living room for most of the day), one of those days when I couldn't get warm. The only task I didn't finish was labelling the keys. I got as far as identifying the keys I need to keep so am left with the task of labelling them properly and looking for a better solution for keeping the keys for the window locks near each window.

Today starts with the nutrition class, where the topic is another look about whether nutrition can influence how our genes are expressed. We actually covered this a couple of weeks ago so I'm hoping that the list of topics needs to be updated and it will actually be something different. It's half term which means that my piano lesson is cancelled.

The forecast isn't too good so I doubt I'll be going out at all. Today's task to eliminate things I'm tolerating is to sort out the spare bedroom - this room has a single bed for guests but I mainly use it as a dressing room. It's also the final resting place of the exercise bike, the laundry basket, the dressmaking form, and a stack of pictures I plan to hang on the landing some time. The room always looks messy and it irritates me so I need to give some thought to improving the look of the room ... I don't plan to start on any changes today but I am hoping to end up with a clear idea of what I need to do to make it a workable multipurpose room.

I don't plan to do any housework today but will carry on with the batch cooking -  some sauces, a couple of quiches, and some breakfast egg muffins, all to freeze in single portions. This is the last batch cooking until I go shopping again for some more ingredients, so probably not until next week now. 

The rest of the day will be filled with reading, piano, family tree research, and a zoom call with friends to confirm the arrangements for Friday.

Comments

  1. It wasn't all that nice here either. We got some sunshine but lots of showers, sadly.
    That's a beautiful fuchsia, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sunshine and showers today as well so I hope it's better where you are.
      The fuchsia is beautiful. There's loads of buds and it's going to look amazing when they open. xx

      Delete
  2. Your fuchia is really lovely. It certainly has gone chilly and we have had a lot of rain since the weekend but good for the garden. Spare bedrooms do become a problem I agree and do end up for storing things, I hope you can come up with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ... the pink and the purple is my favourite colour combination for the fuchsias. It's just as cold today but the gardens do need the rain so I am happy to be excused watering duties for a few days. I have a couple of ideas for improving the spare bedroom but will ponder on it for a while as there is a cost involved and I don't want to rush the decision.

      Delete
  3. Another lovely flower! You had a very productive day yesterday and today sounds like it will be another day for getting things done! Spare bedrooms soon end up as storage rooms, don't they? That's where I've stored a lot of my earthquake and emergency supplies as well as my fabric and craft supplies, file cabinet, etc. My daughter was going to help me get it sorted out before she went back, but, we didn't get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful, isn't it? I haven't achieved as much today but I probably have a solution for the spare bedroom - lack of storage is the main issue and things won't really improve until I sort that out, but the cost of sorting storage means that it has to wait for a while.

      It's a shame you weren't able to sort your spare bedroom when your daughter was with you, but you did well on sorting your shed and garage which was a huge achievement.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing close up photo of the fuchsia - such a pretty flower. Deciding what you really want the room to function as is always the first step, then deciding if the storage works or if the storage has become the problem ... well that is what my "decluttering" online resources tell me (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I love fuchsias just as much as I love cosmos!

      The storage, or lack of it, is the problem. I can't afford to buy anything just yet but I can start looking for possible solutions.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of us are guilty of using our spare room as a storage room. I had sorted it out at one time and set it up as my craft room, which was good as if I was working on something it could just be left out. Then decided to put a single bed in there and it has ended up being dumped on and I craft on the dining table which is often not good, I think at some point I need to sort it out again, but other things are first, like you my spare room always looks very messy. Will look forward to seeing your ideas. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two spare rooms and the biggest one, my playroom, doesn't have a bed and is my equivalent of your craft room. I can leave things out and the room is working well for my needs. The smaller of the two bedrooms has the single bed and is the one that's the problem. Things aren't really dumped in there but it has become the place for things that I use don't have room for anywhere else, like the exercise bike, etc. The main problem is lack of suitable storage but I can't afford to do anything about that at the moment.

      Delete
  6. Your flower is looking lovely. Sounds like you've got a lot of plans. Hope you managed to accomplish them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fuchsia are soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite colour combo ... I love them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts