Wednesday 8th June

159/365: cosmos Sensations
 

It's a 'me' day today as in there are no chores at all, just fun activities. I'll do my exercises as soon as I get out of bed and fit in my walk straight after breakfast.

Then it's the nutrition club, which I'm looking forwards to as we'll be looking at eating places in London and deciding on the best healthy choices on offer. I don't know which menus we'll be looking at but some of the ones requested are national chains so are likely to be in the bigger towns and cities in this area. It'll also come in useful when/if I have my theatre break in London later in the year.

That's followed immediately by my piano lesson. There was no lesson last week so there's been a two week break and I think it shows in my playing ... I have a feeling that dodgy dynamics and phrasing are starting to creep in, so it'll be interesting to see what C picks up on today.

The highlight of the day, hopefully, is meeting with J this afternoon. It's still a 'maybe' depending on how she is feeling as well as the demands of family and work on her time, but she'll confirm one way or the other later this morning. If she can't make it, I'll still go in to town to top up on fruit and veg, pick up a couple of city break brochures from one of the travel agents, and continue the search for some new summer sandals.

Comments

  1. That's interesting looking at eating places in London. When I used to go quite regularly my son would always take me to Japanese restaurants, quite the treat as nothing like that were I live. Wagama is popular now and inexpensive I believe. Enjoy your trip to town this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting looking at all the different eating places. Some of them are chains and the two I liked best are also in Bath which is only 12 miles away. She also introduced the FirstTable group of restaurants where if you early you get 50% off the cost of the food, and there's some of those in Bath as well ... we'll be trying those out at some stage I'm sure. I love Wagamama. We have one in town but I'm avoiding it for now because of the communal style of eating at long tables.

      Delete
  2. I dearly love 'me' days and I hope yours is totally fun filled and pleasurable. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. So far, so good ... even the piano lesson went well! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful me day, and good for you for fitting in the fitness too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a good time so far thanks Susanne. I'm trying to be disciplined about the fitness but it's often a struggle!

      Delete
  4. I like the intense pink of the Cosmos; I cannot wait for mine to bloom (probably July/August). Sounds like a wonderfully loose kind of day. I am sure the piano lesson will go well. Sandal shopping sounds like something I need to do, I just blew out my 2nd pair in as many weeks - both were old but favourites & quite comfortable..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour isn't it? I'm loving all the bright splashes of colour from the cosmos this year. The piano lesson did go well in the end, even though I completely messed up one piece and then got the giggles about it! I haven't had any luck finding sandals I like so far. I prefer to buy shoes in person but may have to resort to buying online.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cosmos! I like the sound of that "me" day! Glad your piano lesson went well and you found the nutrition club information about which restaurants offered healthy options useful. Hope you were able to meet with your friend J this afternoon and had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I didn't meet with J but the rest of the day went as planned and I had a good time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts