Wednesday 22nd June

173/365: cosmos

Well, I survived my first personal training session! Actually, I surprised myself by really enjoying it. This was the freebie introductory session to allow Amy to learn about any health issues (there are lots - she almost ran out of space on the page!) and to have a chat about what I want to achieve from the sessions. My priority is to strengthen my knee and to be able to walk/climb steps without pain so she started me off on four different exercises to improve the strength in my back, hamstrings, and core. Three of them can be practiced at home as they don't require any equipment and I need to do a minimum of two sessions before I see her again. The weekly PT sessions will be on Tuesday mornings or in the afternoon if I'm seeing Joy. I'm starting with 30 minute sessions and will gradually increase the time until I'm comfortable doing an hour each time. 

Today's nutrition class is cancelled so I only have my piano lesson to fit in ... hopefully it will go as well as last week's attempt! I can't remember what J said she is doing this week so I'll contact her and hopefully we'll be able to meet up for a coffee this afternoon and then it's The Repair Shop and the Great British Sewing Bee to look forward to tonight.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it - I thought you might. It's very different from our old memories of PE lessons or Jane Fonda stuff, isn't it?
    It sounds like a lovely day for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very different! Amy contacted me first thing this morning to see how I'm feeling - fine, just the right sort of ache but no pain - and has sent videos of the three different exercises to help me stay of track. Hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  2. Your session with the personal trainer sounds good and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, thanks, and I think it'll be something I enjoy enough to stick at. It doesn't feel too much like exercise when you are chatting with someone!

      I met a new dog walker yesterday with her cockapoo named .... wait for it ... Tilly! She's golden, not black though.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that you not only survived your first session with the PT, but enjoyed it, too! Hope the piano lesson goes well and you are able to enjoy a coffee afternoon with your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I did enjoy it. I now have to be disciplined and fit in the two exercise sessions she has asked me to do before my next session in a week's time.

      I'm also hoping the piano lesson goes well. There are workmen further down the Close and the power has gone twice so far ... not good for a piano lesson when you have an electric piano!

      Delete
  4. Yeah that things with A the PT went well. Let's hope power stays on during your piano lesson.
    I checked my spam, no comment in there. Blogger is being less than kind to me on some days. On Susanne's blog, it showed me once as Anonymous & then showed me as me ... it is certainly causing identity issues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were no disruptions during the piano lesson, thankfully, and that went well. I'll go back and add another comment then, but thanks for looking. Blogger is playing up for a lot of people ... it's unpredictable, a bit like a teenager!

      Delete
  5. That sounds like an awesome trainer and a really sensible set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she was excellent and I was able to do more than I thought I'd be able to do, and best of all, absolutely no pain.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad your session went well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts